F4TE Build With Roller Cam

d2greene

Here is the latest build. My previous build is still on the INSANE front page. The 363W is in the Lightning and doing well. It blows both tires off in 1st and 2nd. It is not as strong on the top end though. I guess a stock cam with the ported E7TE heads with 1.84" and 1.54" valves will not match the TFS TW heads with stock cam and custom chip. This spring I am trying the chip with the E7TE heads. Maybe I will see the 4,000+ RPM range wake up again.

Now to the latest build:

The F4TE block out of my 1994 Lightning looked great! I decided to hot tank it and hit the cross hatch again. While it is open, I decided to replace everything that wears; Rings, Rod and Main Bearings, Cam Bearings, Oil pump, Micropolish the crank. Everything cleaned up standard; bores, rod and main journals, stock hypereutectic pistons were cleaned and reused too. I figured that since it is apart it would be a waste not to put a roller in the F4TE block. I have a nice used E303, and Cobra 1.7 rollers. As you can see in the pictures the heads need a lot of cleaning and polishing.

If any of you have reassembled the stock short block let me know if all 8 piston arrows point to the front of the block. I am pretty sure they do but I want to make sure before I get all 8 pistons in.

It will be for sale in March or April. I also have an early front sump pan, a Fox 351 pan, and the later rear sump truck pan to fit most common applications.

Here are the pictures:

Last edited:
Stock pistons look great. So do the rods. Do you guys know if all the Arrows point to the front of the block on both sides?

Last edited:
TFS TW heads need a lot of cleaning, porting and polishing. Had some space left for Mr. Bouvier, our poodle.

New Pictures for F4TE Build

Latest Pictures on slow build.
Decided on B303
Currently porting TFS heads. Intakes nearly done. Chambers polished. Exhaust ports not yet started.
Mocking up for measuring. pushrod length. (7.7" pushrods too long with roller)
Discarded Cobra 1.72:1 rollers for 1.6 rollers.
Checking for piston to valve clearance.

More pictures

Here are some more pictures. Haven't installed head gaskets yet so you wont see head bolts on heads. I am selling it for $3500 but if it does not sell as a long block I will sell the ported TFS heads separately. That is why I am not putting the $85 head gaskets on yet.

More shots of long block. TFS pushrods, 1.6 rollers, 2.02 and 1.60" Ferrea stainless swirl polished and undercut valves.

B303 Roller, Hypereutectic pistons, Std. bore, Std. rod and main bearings, Intakes ported to Felpro 1250 and exhausts ported ot Felpro 1415.

Looks like a nice build.

Why are you selling it though?

Going bigger?

I was trying to make a little cash. It fell short on Fleabay by $998, so now it is for sale on NLOC Classifieds.

I already have a new 363W in my 1994 Lightning. It has just over 5,000 miles on it now.

It should make over 400 hp at the crank.

Back