exhaust ?

2002bolt

ok in your custom exhaust, would this come with chrome tips, muffler, x pipe? If you could give me some details about this set up i think i would be intrested. I like the fact that your custom setup doesnt pop like bassani or the jdm. And it sounds really good from your website. I am really intrested if you could give me a little more info on the materials used and what all your set up comes with i may considar it. What about if i helped you sell your exhaust would there be any benefits? I would help advertise or do what ever you need. I really like the exhaust tone. write me back and let me know the details JJ

Hi JJ,

I'm not really setup at this time to make the Gen 2 exhaust systems on any sort of large scale... There is a lot of work I have yet to do to make this happen... If I were to make you an exhaust it would be a custom prototype sort of deal... The muffler I use is an XLerator X-muffler the crossover is inside the muffler, to make the the tail pipes takes several stock mandrel bend cut and welded for the proper fit, I do not have a Mandrel bending machine because they cost a fortune! If I want to make something on a large scale I make the pipes by cutting/welding stock mandrel bends and then send them off to be duplicated "in one piece" so don't have to piece the system together so to speak... I would also need make a jig so I wouldn't have build each system on the truck... I'm just getting this stuff going right now for the Gen 1 trucks and its going to take until later this winter before I'm ready to make the Gen 2 unit a production type piece... If you would like a prototype unit I can make one for you but it will have a few extra welds in the system, As for the tips I have plans on making them just like the stock units 3 inch and powder coated in almost chrome, the rest of the system would be alumized steel... If you like the sound and don't mind cutting your stock tail pipes off the muffler I could sell you just the muffler for $89 and you could take it to a muffler shop and have them swap the muffler and use your exciting tail pipes and tips...This would be very easy to do.. The X muffler will slip right over the stock mid/cat pipes, IMO there's nothing wrong with the stock tail pipes and tips ... The stock muffler is a restriction with a 4# lower pulley, chip & filter I can tell you that! I couldn't believe the power my dads truck picked up with the X-Muffler and the sound is defiantly unique... I just drove the 01 today (I haven't drove it in a while) and I believe the muffler has burned in a bit and is louder than it used to be... Actually the thing was ripping like a banshee in the 45 degree air... I cannot believe how fast this truck is with less than $800 in mods!
:eek:

Well, that's the scoop!

Custom prototype full setup with bare tips $299
with Powder coated tips $349
Muffler $89
Mac setup, $280 (this setup sounds great too!)

You can see what the X- muffler looks cut open in this picture

P-30-ST.jpg

http://www.pickrelperformance.com/catalog/94lightningr.wav

;w

Last edited:
Back