Exhaust FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icepick

Q, What is the difference between the HTS coating & the ceramic?

A, The HTS is a high temp silicone based powder coating, It has a dull silver appearance. If you have ever seen the coating on a Flowmaster of Mac muffler this is the same stuff. The HTS is a pretty decent coating but won't last near as long or look near as good as the ceramic coating... The ceramic coating is just like in infamous "Jet Hot" coating, It has a brite silver appearance and it is about the best coating out there when it comes to looks and lasting a long time... However, It is not as durable as the companys promoting these type of coating claim... When new it has a super brite almost chrome look to it but unfortunatly the brite look is short lived... As soon as the headers are installed on the vehicle and run for a shot time the briteness will dull to reguler silver color. This is normal, It will still look good and last quite a long time... Depending how how much the vehicle is driven and the type of condtions it is driven and stored in will determand how long these coatings will last... In average conditions expect the HTS to last about a year and still look decent while the ceramic will last 4-5 years but like I mentioned before the use and condtions that the vehicle is subject to can have a huge differnce in detemanding how long these coatings will last!

What materials does your exhaust sytems consist of?

A, The headers have the choce of coatings listed above and the tips are coated with a brite silver powdercoat. The rest of the exhaust system is aluminized steel, All the welds and flanges are painted with a high temp cermaic paint that actually holds up quite well because it is baked on when the vehicle is run... all and all the combination of the aluminized and coated parts should remain relitivly rust free and last many many years as long as the vehicle is not driven on salty roads of stored in moist environments...

Do you offer stainless steel systems?

A, No, The cost of S.S. parts is two to three times the cost of the alminized steel parts there for it would make the exhaust cost two to three times as much! I don't think most gen 1 Lighting owners want to spend $2200-2500. on an exhaust system. I have also found that most Lightning owners are not subjecting there trucks to environments that warrent the need and cost of S.S.

Q, Do make a system with two mufflers?

A, Sorry, I don't make a system with two mufflers... The only way do this is to position the mufflers on there side next to each other and this makes them hang down which I just don't car for... Also it makes installing an X before the mufflers pretty diffacult... I have done it before and It is not worth it for me to make a system like this because of the added time and cost involed... Plus when it's done it really does sound exdrodenary and the fit is less than ideal... A dual in/out muffler is the way to go when your running two pipes down the passengers side of the truck... The only other dual 3" in/out muffler that I know of that I could make work besides the XLerator 14 case and the Magna Flow 22" case that I already use would be a Spin Tech P/N 84410. It is a 20" case... If someone wanted to try a system with that muffler to do something different I can make it for you but it would add $75. to the cost of the Magna Flow system do to the cost of the muffler...

Q, Does your exhaust systems clear Rancho and other traction bars?

A, Yes!
21851-885-14527.jpg

more Q & A coming soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back