ever consider a live webcam?

Live webcams require an Internet connection on-site, and someones time and effort...don't hold your breath Jodi.;)

Maybe ...

At this point I have a good chance of making it to the event... I have a laptop with a mobile broadband card.

Anyone have experience setting up a streaming video off a webcam would be nice. I could probably figure it out; but I may not have the time to research...

We would need a good location to set it up and leave it... dry, power, good view of track and safe. The tower may be good; but not sure how clear of view we will have.

Bandwith probably would be an issue too... maybe just have stills available every 1 minute?
Now I'm just rambling.

Yeah thats good thinking John. I may have a mobile broadband card as well, but they really frown on high bandwidth usage. A still every 60 seconds might be the way to do it. Maybe we could set it up in the tower pointed at the track :cool:

My experience with Cell cards is they are unreliable at best

Assuming that you can get a data connection at the track, just like dsl ( or ADSL - Asynchronous Digital Subscriber line ) the upload is asymmetrical to the download - Meaning the part of the connection you need to push the pictures to the server would be the slowest --

Then there is the idea that if people knew they could see coverage they might not show up ..

Ok, THATs gonna be a deciding factor for somebody not to come? I can see a still shot refreshed every minute or 5 mins so I'm gonna stay home? Thats a poor excuse at best.

Ok, THATs gonna be a deciding factor for somebody not to come? I can see a still shot refreshed every minute or 5 mins so I'm gonna stay home? Thats a poor excuse at best.

I agree - But remember the potential audience is in the hundreds or maybe thousands and they all have different reasons for going OR not going.

Also simply considering attendance is a webcam more likley to add to the attendance or subtract ? Since it wont do ANYthing for anyone that is there - its not likely to add to the attendance

Since it wont do ANYthing for anyone that is there - its not likely to add to the attendance

Not this year, but maybe L fans for "08...... That are thinkin for the year to come.. There is like 14k or some odd numbers of users here.... L-fest is a good time, I went last yaer, with out my L, and had a grand time.....I will be there this year.....with my L. Even if you dont have a L, its a good time. Lots of nice people, to hang out with, This event IMO is not for L owners only, but for all people that have a need for speed, and have a interest, of trucks, racing, ect......

Kerry

Back