Event Results

F

FMOS Racing

I was just over at Ford Mall checking out the event standings. What I want to know is where are all those low 12 second Gen 2 trucks that were supposed to fill out Pro Lightning this year??? Looks like only ONE made the cut, and he was put out by a Gen 1 in the first round. THREE trucks made Pro qualifying and FORTY-SIX in Street. Heh.

I'm a little bemused since I had arguments with people concerning the issue and was beat about the head and shoulders about how I didn't understand how many fast Gen 2s were going to be there.

I haven't seen the finals yet, but it looks to be Dave Pickrel's 12 second truck vs Pau Duckett in a 10 second rig for the finals in Pro. No information has been posted about eliminations in Street.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

I will be pissed off if I dont see some serious times posted!!!I will be in the deep 12s.And it will weigh the same if I have to add ballast!I want every one to know that there is a truck that can put the smack down!!I will be here for a long time and I am not going anyware for a long time.If you got'em run'em!!!!If not I will take your spot!!!

Im just getting in myself Jeff.My truck keep hitting the speed limiter a little after half track and had to shut down and coast to the line.(27.5inch tall tires)I ran a 13.2 @77 aghhhh.I had sal do my chip three times and it still hit the speed limiter.It did it on the Highway to.So I just watched sunday didnt want to blow my truck up.I was very mad I wanted a shot at that pro money.
There where a couple GEN2s in the high 12s the rest where 13s and 14s.Should have made PRO 13.00 and faster.Daves truck ran 12.1 with out brecking a sweat.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495

View

hay all. just got back boy wfc this year was real different. with all the rule changes. and there were several. this made the race day long to say the least. but for the most part fun was had by all congrat's to all that made the long haul hope everyone made it home safe. untill next year go " lightings" we haul more than just cargo

------------------
fedc6642.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 DRW
1995 #63
Team Powerdyne
nloc #354
outtahere.gif

Hi all,

Whew... What a weekend! I had a blast and it was really nice meeting several new faces and old ones as well... What can I say this Lightning group is the greatest bunch there is!!!!!!! I think all the Stang and other Ford owners have to be jealous of the tight nit group we have! The view Saturday night at Hooters and the parking lot next store was too cool!!!!! The weather cooperated with us all weekend until the very end So it certainly could have been worse as far as that goes... I'm still waiting to hear what happened with the outcome of street Lightning with the rain delay????? If someone knows lets post it!!!!!! As for Pro Lightning it was Myself vs. Spiro's hot running G2 with our near identical qualifying passes 12.17 -12.19 (nice run Spiro that kicked butt!) It was pretty much a heads up race between he and I in round one and my ol' Gen 1 managed to stay just ahead of his Gen 2... (Sorry to have to do that to ya Sprio!) 12.1x to his 12.2x... Round two (The finals) I was up against Paul's mean black Gen 1, I went on down the track full boogie watching my mirror and lifted about 10 ft before the line hoping for the best... Looked to me like I crossed the line about a hair ahead of him but was hard to tell since he was going by so fast! Turns out we both broke out but I was a little closer to the index so I got the win... He went 9.99 @ 136 to my 11.92 @ 114

Thank you PSP and the NLOC for making all this possible!!! Also my thanks go out to Sprio & Paul for giving me such a good run! I believe that Paul is probably the first and only person to put a Lighting in the 9s on the "Motor"!!! Both of these guys our class acts and my hats off to them!

------------------
Dave P.
White 94
11.90 @ 113

Congrats on the win Dave!

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
12.78 @ 105.47MPH

ff11865d.jpg

Dave....Nice work !!
Thanks for some details.

U R da Fastest in Town!!

------------------
'00 Silver (Bone Stock)
#3551 of 4966 - 6/6/00
Tonneau cover - soft
Big plans for more stuff
'82 Mercedes 300D
(Wow...a turbo and a supercharger)

Great job on the win !!

Sounds like there was some real mean L’s in the pro class..

DogMan

Congrats Dave. It was a blast Saturday night at hooter, that pitcher of Bud Light hit the spot didn't it! Glad to meet everyone.

------------------
Shane L.

lilzuessig03.jpg

best ET yet: 13.24 @ 103.46

how bout the big smokey across the parking lot.. ughhhhhhhhh

------------------
fedc6642.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 DRW
1995 #63
Team Powerdyne
nloc #354
outtahere.gif

I didnt see all those 12's either. But I didnt see all the Lightnings run. Looks like gen 1's are still the best!! Just messin with you gen2 guys. That 10 sec Lightning was bad!! i TALKED TO HIM AND HE SAID THEY WERE MAKING OVER 800HP ON THE DYNO, OH AND IT IS AN ALL ALUMINUM 351 (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, TO LAZY TO CORRECT IT). But I gotta give it to Dave, his truck is super clean, very fast and he is a really nice guy too! Glad to see you won Dave! What did happen with street? We bailed, along with everyone else, when the rain started (right before Pro %.0 final).

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

I went out in the second round. I cut a beautiful .409 light against Billy (CarolinaLightning) but it was a waste as I broke out by a full tenth. I wasn't that quick on the brakes because I was waiting for that Vortech to start talking,

John

Man it sounds like I missed a really good time guys. I won't miss it next year. Dave, congrats on the win.

------------------
Justin DiPalma
NLOC # 555
Black 94 #437
14.53 @ 92.01 MPH
14* Timing ASP Pulleys
ff15cbdf.jpg

Hey!

Thanks everyone! I wish an event this cool could happen twice a year! Hopefully I will run into some of you later this season @ the races! I really missed Jeff S and Jason Brown! I hope you guys dont miss it again!

Cya!

------------------
Dave P.
White 94
11.90 @ 113

[This message has been edited by Icepick (edited 05-24-2001).]

Oh yeah, Dave, I'm coming for you next year!
wink.gif

Congrats, guy! Don't spend it all in one place.
biggrin.gif

Hell ya! That's the spirit Jeff!!!!! bring it on man!
wink.gif
As for the money it has been spent years ago on one of my previous setups...LOL! I'm already having visions of a 10 second street sleeper... Now how can I hide that roll bar... Hum....

Cya!

I'll buy your intercooler set up for what you have in it! heh, what do ya think!
wink.gif

------------------
Shane L.

lilzuessig03.jpg

best ET yet: 13.24 @ 103.46

Yeah, I want 10s myself. I was gabbing with Joe C. yesterday about the 5-point. Just no way around the rear stringers. Front is easy enough since it can be removable...

Then I decided I'd just do like Spiro and let it all hang out for the T-n-T and then dial it back to 12.teens for the race.

Back