Engine swap idea

We've talked about that in the Gen 1 forum a bit. If it wouldn't require a new transmission, I'd seriously consider the swap. A PiMPxShift would run the motor and a 4R100 with an analog E4OD position sensor.

I agree on the transmission. It sounds like Ford is looking at offering ECM and wiring to run a new trans. There again, it starts to get expensive for a tight wad Gen1 owner. Now in my old manual trans 63 Ford, it starts to really sound interesting.

We've talked about that in the Gen 1 forum a bit. If it wouldn't require a new transmission, I'd seriously consider the swap. A PiMPxShift would run the motor and a 4R100 with an analog E4OD position sensor.
Hmmm... I literally have a 4r100 just sitting around.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I watched a few of Brian Wolfe's videos. He's got plans for the 7.3. I noticed in one video they mentioned Brian's race motor.

I’ve seen all the videos. Eventually it will be easier. That kid made a bunch of stuff for that swap himself so I give him a ton of credit.

I do give him props for the work he's doing to make the swap. That's the way we used to do it. I helped my cousin put a 2.9 and 4 speed from a MustII in a 70's Courier truck years ago. We made mounts, exhaust, driveshaft and modified the shifter position. It was a fun shade tree job.

I keep pausing his video and taking notes :)

Crank sensor is in the rear, knock sensor and oil pressure sensors are right near the starter on the driver's side. I wonder what the sensor is at the back of the block on top? Also it has a drive by wire throttle body.

I keep pausing his video and taking notes :)

Crank sensor is in the rear, knock sensor and oil pressure sensors are right near the starter on the driver's side. I wonder what the sensor is at the back of the block on top? Also it has a drive by wire throttle body.

Stop !... Better check with your kid to see if he's willing to finish this swap for you....

Stop !... Better check with your kid to see if he's willing to finish this swap for you....

LOL, no way in hell I am thinking about this for the Lightning. Just like taking notes as I find it interesting.

However, now that I have a place to work on my truck I am much quicker at getting **** done. The only thing slowing me down now is FedEx/UPS :)

Back