Engine Bolt Kits?

lightngsvt

3rd engine in 50 miles!!!
I Support the NLOC
Does anyone, or even Ford, offer bolt kits for our trucks engines and components? What Im talking about is stuff like alternator, accessory brackets, water pump, cooil bracket, etc? For heads, intake, VC, and exhaust I'd stick with ARP, Stage 8, etc. Just some of my other bolts are mismatched, showing wear and so on.

There's a lot of water pump bolt kits out there. You can get hardened ones, plated ones, dress-up ones, etc. I've never looked for the bracket bolts, but I'd be surprised if they're not available as well.

Watter Pump Bolts

1-5/16 x 18 x 5"
1-5/16 x 18 x 2.5"
2-5/16 x 18 x 4"

Dorman #
1-23744 a/c bracket
2-23744 coil bracket

This is what I have replaced on mine, these are the difficult bolts to find that are not offered in a "kit" you can go on ARP website and these individually.

I don't think anyone has or will ever offer a kit like that because there are so many variations. There wouldn't be enough market for any "correct" kit because not enough of these old trucks are being maintained or restored to that degree. And a generic kit would contain too many "extra" bolts to be profitable at a price that would be attractive to customers; in addition to being very heavy for shipping.

I just clean, sandblast, paint, & reuse as many original bolts as possible, and collect replacements as-needed from the local JYs. These are 3 5.8s (none Lightning) with 3 subtly-different sets of WP/TC bolts:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

There are equally-subtle differences among the accessory bracket bolts for some years; most notably, the A/C compressor.

(phone app link)

The point being: the more bolts you want in this kit, the more kits there will be for all these variations. So it's better to just replace the bolts you choose to replace, with the type & quality of replacement that you choose.

Same as what these others have said. I reused/reconditioned bracket bolts and ordered arp individual bolts for the other ones.

Watter Pump Bolts

1-5/16 x 18 x 5"
1-5/16 x 18 x 2.5"
2-5/16 x 18 x 4"

Dorman #
1-23744 a/c bracket
2-23744 coil bracket

This is what I have replaced on mine, these are the difficult bolts to find that are not offered in a "kit" you can go on ARP website and these individually.

So you have sizes / pn#'s for the alternator bracket bolts?

The outboard one has a 9/16" head; the other two 1/2". They're a size smaller than the holes in the bracket, and ~3/4" longer than the bracket is thick at the bolt holes. The threads are in the block, so you can measure what you've got to get their specs.

Amk Hardware we'll probably have the closest you will find to a full set for our trucks. They have them for earlier cars and I'm not sure how close they would match to our trucks.

Roy

Timing cover and water pump set.
https://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showth...rpump-timing-cover-bolt-pics.html#post1965646
showfull.php

Back