Ecoboost kill

fastmoco26

Smoked an eco boost crew cab 2wd xlt 2 times back to back from a 60 ish mph pull. Driver was rich head didnt want to look over after getting murdered when he finally did just mean mugged me what a douche. To the ecoboost truck in villa rica your ecosuck truck is slow I was minding my own bussiness you started a race with my red L. I blew your plastic doors off and you get mad about it. LMAO.

Last edited:
Good kill, but let him do an intake, exhaust, tune and turn up the boost and it may be the other way. Those things are wickedly quick with some mods.

LOL even though I call them ECOSUCK My next truck would be a reg cab short box if Ford made one. However with as badley as i outran the crew cab 2wd a reg cab still would not have had enuf.

Good kill. The Ecoboost is no slouch though. Technology is impressive. Saw a stocker xtd cab running 14.4's at State Capital in BR. That's as quick as a stock Harley. Tune and CAI, probably mid 13's.

2011 Eco -slow ran 14.4 in 90 degree heat and a 2600 DA air was ok but for a 4 door 4X4 it runs faster then my GEN 1 with 2 less cylinders!

If Ford gets on it and makes a turbo V8 with variable valve timing and direct injection, I'd buy one - don't care what they call it!

I've driven an EB and chose a 5.0L for a reason. Some of the EB's are quick and some are just sluggish as can be. Go to some of the F150 sites and check out all the EB owner's complaining about poor fuel economy; some have mentioned overheating while towing.

I average 19.6 mpg in combined driving on Shell 93 octane E10. The EB I test drove was a smooth/quiet ride but you had to keep your foot in the pedal. It has the power of a V6 until boost kicks in.

Nice kill, these Ecos make MONSTER low end torque. My SHO just ran 12.43 spinning all 4 tires through the 60' on Jan 1. Waiting for spring to put on summer stickies and going for eco record. Fastest Eco period is an SHO 12.09 I believe, fastest Flex was 12.5, and I think somebody got an F150 down to 12.7s.

As mentioned they can be stout. That said all of these have had mods done to them, none of them are running 12s stock :) although a few SHOs got into 13s stock.

BTW my SHO is 4500 lbs at gets 26-27 highway. Very happy with it so far.

Nice kill, these Ecos make MONSTER low end torque. My SHO just ran 12.43 spinning all 4 tires through the 60' on Jan 1. Waiting for spring to put on summer stickies and going for eco record. Fastest Eco period is an SHO 12.09 I believe, fastest Flex was 12.5, and I think somebody got an F150 down to 12.7s.

As mentioned they can be stout. That said all of these have had mods done to them, none of them are running 12s stock :) although a few SHOs got into 13s stock.

BTW my SHO is 4500 lbs at gets 26-27 highway. Very happy with it so far.

What's done to your SHO? We only have a livernois tune and have been 13.14, non PP edition.

I did finally hear one with exhaust yesterday, did not like the sound at all IMO.

I need to go pick a fight with an EcoBoost with my Raptor, just out of curiosity!

What's done to your SHO? We only have a livernois tune and have been 13.14, non PP edition.
I have the Livernois post turbo pipes, 3rd cat replaced with X pipe, Magnaflow catback. It also has 3 bar map (more boost), Eibachs, alky control Methanol, and cold air. My 12.43 at 111 was on 19" stock rims and factory tires with 38K on them. I think just the 20" and performance tires I have are good for .2 maybe more if I really stick em.

Have you checked out the ecoboostownersforum? The 3 fastest SHOs are on there. #2 is methanol but no post turbo pipes, trying to at least catch him. #1 & #3 both have upgraded turbos. Their times would be faster if not for excess wheel spin.

Dude you didnt run 13.1 with just a tune did you? That isnt bad really...

I did finally hear one with exhaust yesterday, did not like the sound at all IMO.

I need to go pick a fight with an EcoBoost with my Raptor, just out of curiosity!

Mine sounds decent with the big post turbo pipes and magnaflows. For a V6 it sounds good. That said the best sounding combustion engine of all time in my OP is the Windsor Ford. Nothing sounds like a 302 or 351 with a cam and good exhaust! I remember pulling my GT40 iron headed, mild cam 302 Mustang into a car cruise with a few of my GM buddies standing there. One runs up "man sounds good, about 400HP?" I had just dyno'd at 240 wheel... He was just used to GM v8s which flat out dont sound as good.

Forgot tune. My Ecoboost runs the Livernois MyCal stage 5 tune for methanol & downpipes. I need/want to make the 5 hour trek and have them dial it in on the dyno.

Back