Ebay rotors?

JOEs01L

Hey guys, time for new brakes and rotors are shot. I have looked around and found that there are cross drilled and slotted rotors on ebay for $200 with ceramic pads. Does anyone have any experience with these cheapo ebay dealers or should I go with motorcraft?

Some are hit or miss. Do a search on here. I personally have rotorpros. I think they still sell on ebay.

I used to use cheapo brake parts on my truck. Always had issues with warped rotors, pads falling apart, noise, dust, brake life, etc. Went to brand name stuff and no more problems. I have never regretted spending a little extra on brake parts, but I have often regretted not spending it. You don't have to get Motorcraft, just get something name brand like Raybestos, Bendix, Wagner, etc. Unless you like cracked rotors, avoid drilled. Slotted aren't too bad, but they will shorten pad life. Go around every slot with a fine file before you intall them. Sometimes the machining process leaves a lip on one side of the slot that will eat through a pads in no time.

Unless you like cracked rotors, avoid drilled.
What makes you say this? Personal experience or hear say? I have drilled/ slotted rotors on 3 mustangs on one for over 30k miles. No issues what so ever with them. I dont baby them either. In about the same mileage i have had to swap out a set of OEM type on my L due to warpage. Of you get a good quality set of D/S rotors n decent pads you will not have issues. I agree avoid the cheap ones. Brakes r not a place to cheap out.

What makes you say this? Personal experience or hear say? I have drilled/ slotted rotors on 3 mustangs on one for over 30k miles. No issues what so ever with them. I dont baby them either. In about the same mileage i have had to swap out a set of OEM type on my L due to warpage. Of you get a good quality set of D/S rotors n decent pads you will not have issues. I agree avoid the cheap ones. Brakes r not a place to cheap out.

Personal experience. Drilled rotors crack. If you aren't getting cracks around the holes you aren't nearly as hard on them as you think you are. My last set broke, not cracked, after one track session. Look around at cars that really get driven hard and if they have drilled rotors they will be cracked around the holes. Most will be cracked even if they aren't driven hard because the guys that don't drive hard tend to buy cheap parts for the bling.

What makes you say this? Personal experience or hear say?

It is well known that the majority of drilled rotors crack. It is just a bi-product of having the drilled holes, chamferred or not, with the heat that passes through the rotor. The fact that you have not had cracks in your rotors is great, but also a rarity.

Thanks guys, I definetly dont have the cash to do this twice so I guess I will go with some standard rotors and ceramic pads. My local parts house sells Raybestos, $130 for pads and rotors.

Back