Eagles

greenstang

Glen Fry has died. Guys my age will be crowding around a corner in Winslow Arizona. RIP Glen. The Eagles were always my favorite band. I had all the 8-tracks back in the day.

Haha I had a bunch of their 8tracks also. That sucks man a lot of people has died so far this year. I can believe David Bowie died.

Haha I had a bunch of their 8tracks also. That sucks man a lot of people has died so far this year. I can believe David Bowie died.
And Lemmy.
Lots of celebs bit the bullet this year so far and yet the !@#$%^G Kardashians still steal oxygen...

Glen Frey & Joe Walsh were my fav's, but the band got too pop for me after On the Border - that was the last of their albums I bought. Losing the old rockers at quite a pace these days...

RIP Glen. You will be missed.
May your eagle soar higher than any other.
Old rockers dyeing means one thing.

We are also getting old gents.

And Lemmy.
Lots of celebs bit the bullet this year so far and yet the !@#$%^G Kardashians still steal oxygen...
They're just a waste of space! It was crazy how Gill Tyler died and just a couple months after that Lemmy died!

They're just a waste of space! It was crazy how Gill Tyler died and just a couple months after that Lemmy died!

Not only Glenn Frey, but we lost Mic Gillette (founder and trombone player from Tower of Power, one of the greatest funk bands of all time) yesterday, too along with Dale Griffith the drummer from Mott the Hoople.
We may be getting old but we saw some cool bands that made music!

Not only Glenn Frey, but we lost Mic Gillette (founder and trombone player from Tower of Power, one of the greatest funk bands of all time) yesterday, too along with Dale Griffith the drummer from Mott the Hoople.

Holy carp I had no idea Mic Gillette died too!! Yeah we're old lol but got to see the super stocks, muscle car era and great music!! Besides I never thought I'd still be around this long lol

Yea, when I was a senior in 1977 Disco was running music but Hotel California gave us hope. Motorhead, On the Border was one of my top five 8-tracks in the console. Eagles, Bob Seger, Skynryd just to name a few. We had some good bands didn't we old guys!

Lost Dallas Taylor too - drummer for CSN - same day as David Bowie (I'm a much bigger fan of CSN than Bowie)

My best friend in high school had a Buick Wildcat convertible he named Stagger Lee - back then a song recorded (separately) by Woody Guthrie and Lloyd Price. Over the years that same song was recorded by Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan and Huey Lewis and every time I'd hear it I'd think of that car and all the great times we had cruisin' in it

Back