Dynomax Race Magnum's

S

svtpickemup

Dave,

You said you have the Dynomax Race Magnums. Do you have the Bullets? If not, what do you have? How do they sound? My 93 has 2 Chamber Flowmaster's and my 95 has the Bassani (drone city). I have often looked into the Dynomax RM, but was afraid of the "glasspack" sound. I know it is a straight through design with hardly any resistance.

Both of my trucks are cat-free and my 95 has the Bassani headers.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin Lewis

Having heard those things in person on a vehicle with no cats and a mild cam, I have one word to describe them.... LOUD!

Later!
Jeff S.

I have a Bassani full exhaust front exit no cats, I'm thinking of putting race magnums on the X pipe to get rid of the drone, I believe this should quiet things down nicely without costing much power,

Just a thought,

Later,
Icepick

Jeff,

How are your Warlocks doing? Do the two different exhaust settings, "regular" and "hey cops I'm over here," affect your calibration on the chip much? I know it is probably only a minor difference in power between the two, but being blown I thought it may multiply the results. Have you ran them on the highway open? How were they?

Kevin Lewis

Kevin: Yeah, I have the bullet magnum race mufflers..they are straight through and have the least resistance of the mufflers i tried..I didn't want to sacrifice performance. As far as sound goes..everyone I know says the truck is the meanest sounding thing theyv'e heard...it's a quiet rumble at idle but it really wakes up on the throttle. I like the sound more than the regular mustang with 40 series flowmaster setup.

No way I'll run the Warlocks open on the street. Way too loud. I've only uncapped them long enough to insult everyone in a 3 square mile area.

Track opens this weekend. I'll document what they're worth over the Bassani, and compare closed and open configurations as well.

Later!
Jeff S.

Back