Dyno Day

RAN JR

Just curious who all would be interested in a dyno day. I know the local F-body club has dyno days and it normally runs them about $25 a person. I could get with the shop and find out how much they would charge to let us run all of our trucks. We would most likely do it on a Saturday afternoon. They do have a/f readings. The dyno is located in Springdale which may be a little bit of a drive for a few of you. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Little Rock.

Please post a reply if you would be interested in doing this.

not just yes, but h#ll yes! :)

I've been to AutoElectric before and Steve (I believe his name is) is a really nice guy! Hooters isnt too far away either. :bd:

So far we have 5. Plus I know one local here that should go in. I'll go down and talk with the shop as soon as I get a chance, hopefully tomorrow to find out about prices and how many people we need.

I'd like in on this action too! Kinda wondering how much HP i got now that I finally made some mods.

I spoke with David Brinkman at Auto Electric & Performance about our Dyno Day. Cost would be $60/car or $90/hr. He said that if we needed carb adjusting or any kind of adjustments that would require one vehicle to remain on the dyno for a longer amount of time, we would want to pay per car. If there is nothing to adjust and we just want hp/torque #s and a/f #s, we should pay by the hour.

I'm thinking we should be able to run 3 trucks in one hour. That would come out to $30 a piece. He said that he needs at least 6 or more trucks and a week or more notice. It will be done on a Saturday.

So what do you guys think? I'm game.

You can reach them with any questions at:

Auto Electric & Performance
(479)872-8880

I'd say to spread it out a little more only do 2 per hr. I'd rather pay $50 and let it cool down some between runs than $30 and be rushed to get it on and off the rollers. If I'm the only one that feels this way, then I'll just take up 2 vehicles slots and pay $60 instead of $30... :D

When I was up there, he was super nice and easy going. Definitely worth the drive from Central AR.

I need to know when you guys are planning this, 30 or 60 doesn't matter to me but I've got most of my Saturdays booked for the rest of the year. Don't want you depending on me to be the 6th truck and then I can't make it.

well what saturdays ARENT you booked? this is a REAL dyno, not the "state of the art" Mustang Dyno wanna be that was at LF... :D

October is out for me
November I could probably do 2nd or 3rd weekend.
December I hope to go to Hallsville on December 6th.
Other than Holiday weekends I should be good.

I don't see why we couldn't put each truck on the dyno more than once. Say we put the truck up there and made 2 quick pulls and then pulled it off and let the next truck go. Then once everyone has gone just start over again with the first truck and go again. That way we have about an hour for cool down between the pulls. Also if you wanted to change out the pulleys or adjust timing you would have plenty of time and wouldn't have to rush through it with it sitting on the dyno.

The longest part is changing out the trucks and hooking them up. The Gen1s should be easy to hook up and after the first Gen2, they should know exactly where to get the ignition pickup from.

Speaking of Ignition pickup, when that guy in Topeka hooked my truck up he just hooked to one of the spark plug wires, (I think it was #5). I asked him if he should be hooking it up to #1 and he said no it didn't matter and the computer would figure it out.

Does that make sense?

I think it only matters if you are using a timing light. You want the light to flash at the right time so you can read the marks. That is when you would use #1.

RAN JR said:
I don't see why we couldn't put each truck on the dyno more than once. Say we put the truck up there and made 2 quick pulls and then pulled it off and let the next truck go. Then once everyone has gone just start over again with the first truck and go again. That way we have about an hour for cool down between the pulls. Also if you wanted to change out the pulleys or adjust timing you would have plenty of time and wouldn't have to rush through it with it sitting on the dyno.

The longest part is changing out the trucks and hooking them up. The Gen1s should be easy to hook up and after the first Gen2, they should know exactly where to get the ignition pickup from.

Good idea!!! He's hooked up to my gen2 before, and countless 99+ mustangs so I dont think its going to be a problem! :B2:

Back