Driveshaft loop

V

Vern

Does anyone make a driveshaft loop specifically for gen 1 Ls, or do we have to get a universal loop?

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

I have seen a loop that is made for the trucks, but I don't remember where. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

------------------
John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Speedy (edited 05-27-2000).]

Downs ford had them. My friend had a problem getting on from them,but they shipped it eventually.Also I will not line up correctly if your truck is lowered.When the L was stock height there were no probs.

------------------
95 Red Lightning
87 Buick Grand National
11.60/114 1.62 60ft.

Speedy beat me to it. Downs is supposed to have a loop for our trucks, BUT, I was unable to confrim this do to the holiday weekend. Parker Brooks has a loop on his truck, that I think came from Downs. I'll e-mail him and check on the p/n

------------------
John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas

Hey Vern!

I put one on my truck right before the WFC, I bought it from Downs Ford, Its a nicely made heavy duty unit... cost $79,
It fits perfect no drilling or anything it just bolts right into place!

See Ya!
Dave P.

I have a Downs loop on my truck that I had to drill and then attach to the frame just on the bottom of the bed.

The frustrating thing about a loop is trying to find something that will clear the exhaust and the fuel tanks. And when your truck reaches the point where it's really torquing the engine over under hard accel, the exhaust can bang into the loop and make very scary sounds before you know what it is...
wink.gif

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

Back