Drag Strips

I know Fayetteville has a good drag strip and they have Freaky Friday, the 1st Friday each month.

Darlington runs on Sunday's right? I know it has to be above 40 degrees for them to run.

Rockingham runs when?

What other drag strips in NC and SC are good to have meets (people would be willing to drive to)?

Greer, SC?
Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC?
Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, NC?

That's a good idea Have them also put the physical address for the drag strip that way everyone will be able to map-quest it when they don't know where we are going to meet. Also if we could get the physical address for all the hOOters that would be nice too. :D

Of course for their hot wings and family atmosphere.

Draggin' Lady said:
Darlington runs on Sunday's right? I know it has to be above 40 degrees for them to run.

I thought I heard Darlington closed down. A potential Buyer looked at the track and said it needed too much work.

Low Country Dragway--Runs Fri T&T Sat Gamblers Race. The track owner is involved with some local clubs, and is always willing to put together a nice event.

1209 Cypress Gardens Road
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Nice 1/8th mile track.

Dorchester Dragway T&T Sun & Wen. The owners son has a nice black lightning, and few other nice rides, I talk to him everytime I'm there really nice people.

Dorchester Dragway
213 Delee Cir
Dorchester, SC 29437
Nice 1/8th mile track

Hooters in North Charleston 15 minutes away from Low Country, and 30 minutes from Dorchester.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Drag Strips

Originally posted by Sharpshooter
I thought I heard Darlington closed down. A potential Buyer looked at the track and said it needed too much work.

I think you are right. This is what I got when I looked them up on the net:

"Lease is available IMMEDIATLEY!

All improvements go with the track!

You WILL need investment money for track improvements!

Please contact Carlton Phillips at 703-929-4800 for more information!"

I have PTSD from that track anyway. I ended up losing about $15,000 after racing the L down their track one night. LOL

Last edited:
I'll look on the horsepower junkies forum as they have a huge list of dragstrips and post back here or post a link.

Sat is Grudge and Gamblers at Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC. Is that for everyone to go to and race, does anyone know? Thank you!

I called Carolina Dragway and anyone can race on Sat's. So I've put the date for 4 March at Carolina dragway. If the weather is bad, then we will push it to the following Sat.

And remember Carolina Dragway= bring your own beer.

Or at least the last time I was there.I missed getting my trophies.

Had to go find some beer.Priorities...I'm starting to shake just thinking about it.......

Carolina Dragway has a website. www.carolinadragway.com They have a open Test N Tune Thursday nights. I think the Grudge Racing is just for the Grudge Racers. They also do Test N Tune on some Saturday nights. It is a good track. I hook good on my street tires.
If anyone wants to get together on Thursday nights let me know.

Back