Drag Radial

92prostreet

What are you guys running as far as pressures with those who have MT street drag radials, mine are 295 15. I started with 17psi and it was like an ice rink! Before I used 14.5 X 15 ET STREET @ 10psi and she hooked, but that of course is a bias tire.

Tom

What are you guys running as far as pressures with those who have MT street drag radials, mine are 295 15. I started with 17psi and it was like an ice rink! Before I used 14.5 X 15 ET STREET @ 10psi and she hooked, but that of course is a bias tire.

Tom

The drag radials like more air in them. Run it up to 20* and see how that works and run them on the street for 20-30 miles before you get to the track.:thumbup:

Drag radial

If 850hp spins them at 17 what do you think will happen at 20?
Maybe the drag radial is not the tire for a light *** end pick up.......by having a big block with a heavy front end

A radial will work well with the auto trans in your truck. You just need a 7351 box to ramp the timing in slowly to let the tires hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey02L's high hp TT gen.2 is running 8's on them, dowheelies is gonna run in the 295 class with his 7 sec. truck. They will hook.

Casey02L's high hp TT gen.2 is running 8's on them, dowheelies is gonna run in the 295 class with his 7 sec. truck. They will hook.

maybe some suspension adjustments are needed but as nole said,THEY WILL WORK! I believe casey's 60' times were in the high 1.20's at sgmp last year.

Drag Star is coming out with new 135 bolt pattern rims for the Lightning. They have passed SEMA certification and I should be able to order them this week.

My understanding is they will be offered in 15 and 16" diameters. If so, do you
think the M/T P325/50R15 street radials would be a good way to go for a street / strip truck? Low street mileage of maybe 2-3K miles per year. Plus probably 25-35 days at the track.

I already have Matco track bars and a line lock on the truck. I plan to bracket race it and want consistency on any track. This sound logical?

Just my experence i run a 86 mustang 351 on 295 65 D/R my best on 60ft have been in the 1.30 on a 225 plate 1st stage best psi for me is 13. car approx weight 3150.:)

Back