does anyone read sport truck

R

RINGO

I got my new copy today .They got a black chevy call Black Thunder . Its a 2000 swb 2wd it has dealer upgrades inculding a whipple supercharger. I'm quoting this out of the magazine"Courtesy built the Thunder to be the only dealer-installe options that could blow the doors off the Lightning. Wih a 5300 vortec that pumps out 448 ponies " Besides the whipple its got JBA headers, Borla 3inch exhaust,pulleys and a reworked ECU. It runs 14.75@96.11 mph. My stock 99 does better than that.

------------------
Ringo 99 black
nloc#375
now Painted DuPont Mystic Purpleen, check it out at
http://community.webtv.net/ringosponchos

Hahahaha

So just because it's a cheby...... they say it'll beat a Lightning. Even though it only runs 14.75? Hahahahaha

Typical.

RINGO

I dropped my subscription because of biased stuff like that. There articles are always on the other side of the fence. Too many non ford drivers!!!!!!!!

Roddy

Sometimes I read Chevy, I mean Sport Truck, magazine. And their other Chevy magazine called Truckin'. But not often because all I see in them are mostly Chevys. That article is just one more reason not to read their magazines.

------------------
Adam B.
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019
gallery80.jpg

Yea chevy sucks LOL.But remember that is a magizine doing the drag times.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne
1/8 mile ET 7.67
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT
fe45368d.jpg.orig.jpg

Thats almost as funny as this R/T that is supposed to have over 600 in my home town!! He even has the nerve to tell people that $hit at car cruises!! LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't read either one of those mags anymore because of that stuff also!! But also, what I don't really like is all of the wild stuff they do and have articles about!! I mean really, a lot of those $10,000 paint jobs are down right fugly!!! Thats what gets me the most...its not that realistic!

Later

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 12.92 @ 100.74 (mine)
~~~~On the rev limiter right past the 1000' mark~~~~
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Forget about the ET. However, it should have a MPH of 107 or so. NO WAY that thing has 448 horsepower!! Dont worry, Im sure we'll hear some bullshiot reason why it runs like crap. Like Chebbys always do.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rod K.

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 98.66 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Yea Im sure they will think of something like we put the wrong pulley on the blower LOL.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
TeamPowerdyne
1/8 mile ET 7.67
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT
fe45368d.jpg.orig.jpg

I think they test a lot at a track with 3000 feet elavation plus it was probably 90 degrees out and truck was probably traction limited.

Even with traction being limited the trap speed would have been much higher with 448 hp. There's no way, man. That proves it unless he shut down at half track or something.

"Wih a 5300 vortec that pumps out 448 ponies " Besides the whipple its got JBA headers, Borla 3inch exhaust,pulleys and a reworked ECU. It runs 14.75@96.11 mph". Plus how is he getting 448 hp with the 5.3 and those mods? There's nothing major there except for the Whipple charger and maybe the ECU. I don't see any 448 hp coming out of that whethere it be flywheel or rear wheel hp.

------------------
Adam B.
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019
gallery80.jpg

[This message has been edited by MO351 (edited 09-10-2001).]

Back