does anybody have a 77 or 78 Trans am they would trade me?

Hey guys im looking for a 1978 trans am or 1977 looking to trade for a gen 1 lightning every mod you could think of minus a supercharger. if you want more info on my truck just email me at 3of8@bellsouth.net ill send pictures

Spinner wheels? Blue dot taillights? Flamethrower exhaust? Airbags? Nekkid lady sillouette mudflaps? Bullet hole decals? Type-R sticker?

I hope that truck has $7,500 Cash in the glove box because your going to need it to cover the difference in price!

I doubt that. Unless the TA is mint condition I wouldn't give more than 4/5 k for a mediocre example. However I wouldn't even consider trading an L for a POS gen 3 F body GM

I was hoping this was a for sale add. My wife loves those cars. Look very careful at the gaps around the t tops and doors and floor for rust. The last couple I bought had a lot of hidden problems.

I doubt that. Unless the TA is mint condition I wouldn't give more than 4/5 k for a mediocre example. However I wouldn't even consider trading an L for a POS gen 3 F body GM

Unfortunately for OP he is wanting a gen 2 and they are off the charts hot right now. As someone else said, the TA 6.6 in decent condition is in the $20k range. I suspect $7500 isn't far off for a price difference for a decent driver. If he wanted a gen 3 you are correct.

Regardless of my slip it is still a pontiac. Owned a 78 formula 400 back in early 80 s would never own another. Junk comes to mind. Ill stick to mustangs

I've seen a few real nice '78 6.6 Litre Trans Am's sell for $18,000 - $25,000

Right on ... as has been stated this generation of Firebird is bringing respectable $$ at auction and Ralph is right in neighborhood for one in nice driver condition.

I have noted however that the same generation of Camaro are not bringing those selling prices. Perhaps a nice Z/28 would suffice?

Last edited:
In the interest of fairness, if he had added all of the things we listed that he was missing he would have been crusified.

Certainly not by me ... I think all that stuff is totally awesome!

Only thing I can think of that'd make it even awesomer is the body of an old ice cream truck.

I can't wait to actually find a good 2nd gen body to get my wife's dream car going. Have a nice 6.0l ls motor and a new 4l60e waiting for a roller

Back