Dodge Pace Truck?

On my way to work tonight, guy kept screwing with me on highway, yes, I bring when need be on open (safe) road.
He would change lanes and hammer down, I could hear the little mid 90's Dodge Pace truck screaming for me.
Well, everytime he did that, I'd jump out in front of him and hammer down myself. Leaving him behind me by two trucks or so.
After the third run in with him, I said heck with it, he *finally* caught up to me and blew by me laughing, I just waved as he IMO thought he *finaily* beat me.
Gees, I was actually starting to feel bad for the guy, hahahaha. NOT!

I used to be a die hard mopar guy, but *NOT* anymore. ;k

Yea, it said SST on door lower half. I've seen the truck before, but never bothered due to I've spanked the new Hemi trucks, so why bother w/a SST?

Some guys just don't get it. After you spanked him repetedly you would think he could understand the difference when you just let him go by but oh well. Nice kill.

Those Dodges are barely better than the stock trucks of the time. The bottom line is it has a few more stickers than a regular ram. We all know how stickers make you go faster. Kinda like Homer Simpson "SPEED HOLES".

Before my Lightning, I had a 98 dodge Ram SS/T. I enjoyed it up to the day that a Lightning pulled up beside me at a light. After I received my spanking with a smile, I started saving my money for a lightning and purchased it as soon as I had enough money. True story. I got educated at an early age.

Last edited:
I had one Dodge vehicle in my life. It was a 1978 Li'l Red Express Truck (LRET), the first hot sport truck. Nan and I were starting our business, D-Squared Enterprises, Inc., and needed a truck to haul materials for our electronics company. So I sacrificed my 1977 Datsun 280Z, and bought a "truck". :scared1: :eek:ldtu:

I wish I still had it...lots of fun. 2188 were made in 1978 with a hot engine and no emission controls. Dodge then made a run of Li'l Red Express Trucks again in 1979, but they were all-show and no-go, with full emission controls. The 78 had single headlights (single headlights = BAD), while the 79 had dual headlights (dual headlights = dog).

Sticker price in 1978 was ~$7,000 :D

The 1978 LRET was faster than a Vette that year 0-100 mph! The dual stacks were real! :thumbup:

Li'l Red Express Info

Mopar Muscle Magazine article

BTW, this is not my truck...just stock picture. :( Somewhere I have a pic of my LRET pulling my Ranger bass boat!

Hemi's arent slow with a little money thrown at them, very slow if not ...As bad as i want to admit it I got my 04 ram r/c 4x4 now doing 12's n/a! listen to vid. Not trying to start a war by no means but we do have them going pretty well. :thumbup: Love my 95 L....Way more than the 04 Ram...Just to clear the air:)

The 1978 LRET was faster than a Vette that year 0-100 mph! The dual stacks were real! QUOTE]

i've only heard of these legendary trucks maybe three or four times in my life (which isn't very long but still)

and i've only heard things like you are saying

what made you give it up man? those things are so awesome, possibly the only mopar i'd ever drive!

Nan and I were starting our business, D-Squared Enterprises, Inc., and needed a truck to haul materials for our electronics company. So I sacrificed my 1977 Datsun 280Z, and bought a "truck".
Traded it for a 4-wheel Blazer because LRET wouldn't go in the winter snow. We lived in Minnesota at the time. :sigh:

Big D. I hear ya' man. I've collected mopars since the age of 14. After owning over 46 of them, all muscle cars and a few trucks. I finally switched teams totally. I seen the Ram SST again last week driving on highway, he didn't even look at me this time. I laughed as I pulled away from him big time, ha-ha.
I will admit though, I miss my Hemi cars.

Mark

Back