Devil Dogs...sound off

Widowmaker said:
SSgt Peter McGrath/5831
MECEP Norwich University, Northfield, VT

Former USMC here. I served between 1993 and 2001 (active duty: 1994-1998). Honorable Discharge with the highest reenlistment code, even though my former NCO's screwed me over and made me non-promotable, which didn't exactly encourage me to stay in any longer neither. I was a LCpl at the end of my active duty, and no I had no NJP's or anything like that. In fact I had to request mast several times due to repeated hazing by some of the NCO's over me. Yeah, way to encourage retention USMC! ;c I got out as soon as I could. Way too much BS for me to want to reenlist. :?

Black Light.............you sound bitter. What was your MOS and duty station?

MOS: 6154 AH1-W/ UH1-N Airframes/ Full systems QAR
Units: HML/A-269 "Gunrunners" (Parent Squadron), HMM-365 "Blue Knights", HMM-263 "Thunder Eagles"
Final Rank: Sgt.
PEBD: 03 OCT 94
EAS: 02 OCT 00

Loved the Marine Corps........best thing I ever did. Wish I hadn't gotten out often times and still might go back in, were it not for this pesky GREAT job that I have now. Will always have many fond memories......... Happy belated birthday Marines. Jimmy

BlownSVT said:
Black Light.............you sound bitter. What was your MOS and duty station?

MOS: 6154 AH1-W/ UH1-N Airframes/ Full systems QAR
Units: HML/A-269 "Gunrunners" (Parent Squadron), HMM-365 "Blue Knights", HMM-263 "Thunder Eagles"
Final Rank: Sgt.
PEBD: 03 OCT 94
EAS: 02 OCT 00

Loved the Marine Corps........best thing I ever did. Wish I hadn't gotten out often times and still might go back in, were it not for this pesky GREAT job that I have now. Will always have many fond memories......... Happy belated birthday Marines. Jimmy

Yes, I guess I am. Although I have a lot of great memories too, I would never go back in due to too many bad experiences I had along with good ones. I just met too many assholes abusing their rank priveleges, which really frustrated me. Also, USMC really should think about hiring civilians to clean office/barrack restrooms(or "heads" if u prefer) and such. I used to hate field days with a passion. I understand cleaning your own bathroom ("head") and barrack room, but working as a virtual part time janitor just wasn't my thing... especially repeatedly being awakened at 2-3am to clean "common areas" by some NCO ******* when I had to be up at 5:30am ;c

Now I make about 5x what I used to make as LCpl, my superiors treat me with respect, and I don't have to do janitor work. I guess USMC just wasn't for me.

MOS: 3043
Last duty station: Campen

I'm still in the IRR.
97-01 stationed at MCAS Beaufort w/ VMFA(AW)-224
03-04 recalled to active duty and sent to Djibouti, Africa

BTW, I'm an 0231

P.S.
any of y'all deploying, be safe ! You are not forgotten. There are still alot of us that keep you in our thoughts and wish you home quickly & safe

Semper Fi

Oooh Rah!

AD Communicator here, just got back from Iraq and got to play with my new 1993 Lightning for the first time yesterday.

Semper Fi

What's up Devil Dogs,
First time I've seen this post, SSgt. here overseas in Iraq. Every once in a while I get to a computer and have to check the site. KC-130J Crewchief/ Joined Aug. 1993- present.. 2 months down here and 5 to go in country. Can't wait to get home and drive the truck. Well guys take it easy.. -Jeff

Semper Fi to all!! Sgt here stationed at Camp Lejeune. Just came back form nine months in HOA, going to Iraq in a few months. Seen a lot of Lightnings since I returned at least 8, most I have ever seen here around Lejeune, if any of you post on here drop me a ine and we can go for beer some time, and if any of you are ever in town please feel free to do the same.

Hello all. I am a Sgt stationed in Quantico (Unfortunately). The only good thing about this area is the Lightning Clubs and the Bad-A$$ speed shop in Mannassas that did-up my L. I was just there today doing some pulls and got some descent numbers. 397.7 RWHP and 501.2 Torque.

Well.....I guess I'll have to hold down the fort here for the dark side! 2nd LT here in P-cola trying to get a set of wings......hoping to grab a Cobra slot in about 6 months. ...SWThomas, I know what you mean about Q-town....too many damn officers...wink wink... Semper Fi to all, be safe, and a big "thank you" to all the NCO's out there!

I'm in the PLC program. I have completed OCS (Juniors and Seniors) and will be commissioning in August. Then it's off to TBS for me. I have an air contract, but I just got back from Pensacola for my initial flight physical and I was NPQ'd for my left eye. (astigmatism and 20/50) Now i'm taking an NFO slot. Looking forward to serving.
S/F

SSGT 2861/2842 94-01
Support C4ISR on Camp Pendleton aboard MCTSSA...If you know where the Big Golf Ball is off the 5 then you know where to find me.

Semper Fi! Take it easy on Krom he is a squid but we got to have our Docs!

Devil DOC here...spent my best years working with the Devil Dogs. Going back to 1stMarDiv (29 Palms) this coming NOV.

Back