Dealer or Recall

This was a previus post what do you think? What is the TSB fix?

"Go to dealer, Let dealer order TSB washer fix for clunk. Buy herbs washers.

Go back to dealer and let them perform TSB fix , but ask them to install Herb's washers for you, instead of Fords washer fix, Ford fix doesn't last long.. They have to provide you with the cam bolts after they perform the TSB warranty fix.

So you get a free alignment, free cam bolts installed, and they install your Herbs washers for free also.

All your out is $50.00 bucks to Herb and they do all the work for free. "

I had Herb's washers installed when I lowered the truck. They worked for a long while, but the 'clunk' is back already (less than a year). However, the symptom is a lot less severe than it was originally.

I belive the Ford TSB involves installing 'teethed' washers or welding the washer to the A-arm.

I dunno... I'm trying to ignore it for the time being.

Can't be the steering stops becase:

1. When I get the clunk it is before well before any full lock-up, left or right. I usually get the clunk when I back-up, am barely moving, and turn relatively hard in either direction from neutral (straight-ahead).

2. I don't have steering stops. This is a side-effect of the custom lower A-arms. (I'm really looking at replacing them, probably in April, have you found any good prices?)

Again, I dunno... if I stick to a particular method of backing up, I don't get the clunk. But every once in a while...

Back