DashDaq Series II Ultimate OBDII Display Official Group Buy!!!

Hmm...can't decide if I want to use the Dash Daq to data log or just buy a laptop. :headscratch:

there is the benefit of both..

depends on which tuning software your using...

there is alot of variables this unit is bad ***.. but isnt for all... but for MOST!!!

Its nice to not have carry a laptop and harnesses around to log. With the DD you just hit the start log button. When your home pop out the SD card and play it back on your PC.

Hmm...can't decide if I want to use the Dash Daq to data log or just buy a laptop. :headscratch:

also its a lot easier to toss the dashdaq in the glovebox out of sight, than a bigger laptop so its out of sight when you aren't with the truck, and easier to carry around. plus at the track, gotta find a way to strap a laptop down so its not flying around the interior to try and use it to datalog :hh:

I am dissapointed to find yet another product being sold that is not ready for full use. Mine was recieved over a week or so ago, and it does not read very many of the available parameters that I expected it to. Especially vexing is the lack of IAT2 temps, which I find very important. Also injector duty cycle as I am nearing the limits of the fuel system.
I am not very computer savy, but I spoke to Josh(Harley#356) yesterday and he believes it can be updated. Seems to me that for the purchase price, and considering that the ECM has been unchanged since 2003 production date, these "updates" should have been incorporated prior to being offered for sale. I am very tired of being forced to do R+D for manufacturers and vendors. I work too hard for my money to get less than the full product as advertised. Went thru this with SCT as well.
I will post updates as this issue is/isn't resolved.
Jim

Torrie, I actually updated mine saturday morning (FINALLY lol). It still seems to have the same parameters though so I believe I'm doing something wrong. I used the included CD and updated it through that. Online though on the dashdaq site I thought I read something about the enhanced ford parameters were still in a beta release, but working fine, so I was wondering if I had to find a separate update from the dashdaq site somewhere to put on the dashdaq to get the enhanced ford parameters, or if I just didn't get it updated correctly off the included CD.

Jim, once I figure it out how to update mine correctly, I can give you a hand updating yours. Summer bash is only little over 3 weeks away, so if you can't get it by then I can help you set it up at the bash. Should have my AF & Boost sensors hooked up by then also.

All you have to do is update the device and you will get the enhanced parameters.

"I" have to update it? I just purchased a brand new, quite expensive device. My expectations are that a product should be complete and usable at the time of purchase. Funny that there was no mention that it's use was very limited when advertising it.
I will get together with Josh at the DelValLO Bash and hope we can get these issues worked out.
Jim

Back