Dash lights are out

Kidsixpack

The dash lights went out on my 93. Worked one minute out the next. I checked and even swapped out all the light fuses according to my fuse box diagram.
Any suggestions as to what to look at next?
Thanks
KID

Any indications your headlamp switch overheated or burned up? Known issue with the older switch design. Headlamps & parking lamps still work ok? Try twisting the dimmer rheostat back & forth a dozen times to clean off any verdigris.

My headlights and parking lights are still working. The headlight switch recently fell off. The metal insert seems to be messed up. Where would be the best place to find the knob assembly? I’ve messed with the switch and can’t get the dash lights to come back on.
Thanks
KID

The whole switch fell out? Or just the knob came off?

The plastic knobs are available anywhere. The steel shaft is a junkyard only part. Ford still sells the switch — a newer improved design that doesn’t overheat.

If the dash mount for the switch is broken, Steve83 has a fix for it on his Supermotors page.

I’ll try To investigate and elaborate on this further. The knob fell off but all my problems started right when that happened.
KID

I finally had time to mess with the lights. I got them working! The switch has been quite finicky. But I found the sweet spot in they’re working just fine. Just like they did before. I’m going to have to replace the knob though. Thank you for the help! KID

Back