Damn these trucks are hard to sell!!!!

dcrow

Are there any tricks to selling the trucks besides dropping your pants and giving them away????

The economy is tanking,people are out of work. Everything is hard to sell not just Your truck. No one is buying anything they don't need, at least we aren't.
My truck just sits under a cover most of the time I'm debating on selling it, but it's paid for as are all our vehicles,thank God. I really don't know how some people are making it. It's going to get worse before it's get's better too. Good luck selling it.

I hear ya dcrow, I know to ignore people when they ask, "What's the mileage on that....." My reply is, you're not the person for this truck if you've concerned about mileage.

I hear ya dcrow, I know to ignore people when they ask, "What's the mileage on that....." My reply is, you're not the person for this truck if you've concerned about mileage.

Thats not true at all... what would you rather have a lightning with 10,000 miles or 100,000 miles? Pretty blatant what the choice would be.

I bought my 2004 SB in 2006 and it had 14k miles. Less mileage typically means less wear on everything.

Sold my 2003 in one day thru Auto Trader for Blue Book. You just have to find the right buyer. Sold mine to 70 year old guy who wanted a stock DSG Lightning. I expected givin the economy it might be tuff, it was not.

Keep'en it.

Just washed my 03 today. Man, that's a nice truck there! Just went over the 13,000 mile marker on my speedo, which is nice low mileage, and I'm keep'en it that way. My mods are "sweet" which means it drives real nice, and goes like _ell when I floor it. I love my truck.:)

Thats not true at all... what would you rather have a lightning with 10,000 miles or 100,000 miles? Pretty blatant what the choice would be.

I bought my 2004 SB in 2006 and it had 14k miles. Less mileage typically means less wear on everything.

I think he's talking about "gas mileage" ;)

The right answer there definitely is "Don't buy a lightning if you're worried about gas mileage. Run away." If I see one more ridiculous thread asking "can I put 87 in my Lightning" or some jacka$$ complaining about poor gas mileage, I'm going to lose it.

I think he's talking about "gas mileage" ;)

The right answer there definitely is "Don't buy a lightning if you're worried about gas mileage. Run away." If I see one more ridiculous thread asking "can I put 87 in my Lightning" or some jacka$$ complaining about poor gas mileage, I'm going to lose it.

Hey guys, my mileage is bad on my truck how can I fix that? Hey, is 87 octane okay for my truck 93 is just too daRN expensive.
attachment.php

Hey guys, my mileage is bad on my truck how can I fix that? Hey, is 87 octane okay for my truck 93 is just too daRN expensive.
attachment.php

:flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed:

then you for surse don't need a Lightning, I know a guy with a 4 banger ranger you can use 87 octane in...

Hard to sell?

Try buying a $67,000 Saleen Truck 2 years ago that wont sell on Ebay for $30k today.....then talk to me about hard to sell :)

I have the L priced fairly considering the miles and mods....
not sure why it is not selling.:?:?:?

I gave my 01 away with over 15K in mods done, and 58K miles on the clock, for right at 20K. I had almost 30K invested including the truck.

12,900 is a fair price.. if the mileage isn't absurd, and the truck hasn't been beat to hell.

Travis

Back