Damn Miata's

mettler

Cruising home from dinner with the wife on my favorite back road at dusk. I see a pair of headlights run up on me. My wife says "there's somebody on your ***. Is it a cop?" no dear its a Miata, and he's about to try to pass me and I'm not gonna let him.
Bastard made me eat my words.
The road straightened out to the legal passing area and he went for it. I think I waited too long before I turned the overdrive off. It just seemed like my truck didn't kick down fast enough. He just walked around me. Then I get my wife in my ear "your going too fast!" So I gave up, disgruntled. Thinking about what I would've done differently if she wasn't with me. How I've gotta squeeze more power outta this brick. Ugh I hate getting beat. By a kid in a Miata!:cr:

If it was a modified Miata you would need more power my friend. Those little light bastards are quick ecspecially the newer ones. Add a turbo or SC to one and well you know.

8e7y8y4y.jpg

I had a kid yrs. ago that worked for me that sent his little british green Miata to one of those tuner companies. I believe they were in Colorado. Came back with a sbf 347 and an s trim. That thing was ridiculous. Drove like a slot car and would scare the crap out of you. I got in it once with him. That was enough.

It's all about timing in my younger more ignorant days I passed faster vehicles because I already was kicked down and they didn't have a chance. Don't let it beat you up. At the end of the day that guy is driving a Miata and you drive a bad *** Lightning.

^^^^ exactly he had the roll on you and by the time you figured it out it was too late.....should have followed him to the next stop light and changed things up a bit!

My timing was off. And the fact that he weighs half I do and, my wife wasn't digging it, all played against me. I usually don't have these problems. I'm usually the one who gets the drop. Lol

Back