CT/MASS/RI GTG @ Marks Classic Cruise on September 14th

oldtimer

Old Ford Lover
I've posted a couple of threads with pix from some previous Mark's Cruise in East Granby, CT in a couple of Lightning/Harley/Mustang Forums so I'm posting it here too.

I don't go every week, but they do hold it _every_ Monday night depending on the weather. But just picture between 700-1000 cars on display, parked in a 15 acre freshly mowed lawn. They usually have a DJ, sometimes a live band, plus they have food and soft drinks. Most times they have a "feature night" which is where they dedicate the front parking area (about 200 cars worth) to a specific brand/model like Mustangs, Corvettes, Mopars, Rat Rods, etc.. The "other' show cars park as they drive in... and the drive in is slow and tight, past the reviewing stand where there's usually a couple, three hundred people checking out your ride as you follow the procession in. Once pass that, there are flagmen who direct you to the next open row for parking.

The guy who runs the deal told me that if there are 20 or more of a type of vehicle, he'll save a special spot for them somewheres up front, but he's got to know in advance. This is a FREE event, and its basically a giant gearhead rally. Here's some of the pix that I have taken... a little gearhead teaser!
:laughing25

marksaug18-01.jpg

marksaug18-02.jpg

marksaug18-05.jpg

marksaug18-12.jpg

marksaug18-13.jpg

Photos-4692.jpg

Photos-4699.jpg

Photos-4688.jpg

Photos-4694.jpg

Photos-4709.jpg

That last picture above is at the far end of the upper "pasture" (there's no cows) and the cars beyond the roped off area are the spectator cars... usually another 300 or more that are not tallied with numbered tickets as they arrive like the "show" cars. They use a separate entrance too.

If you decide to come, you might want to bring a folding chair(s), maybe a few soft drinks in a cooler. If you have something to sell, toss it in the back of your car or truck... never can tell. I would suggest meeting outside the event so everyone can go in and park together. Last week we had a Harley, two Gen 2 Lightnings and one Gen 1 Lightning.

The event runs 5-9 and I figured we could leave early and _maybe_ hit a local pizza joint. I know a good one (Sophia's) that is right on an exit on I-91 just 5 minutes from the Cruise location. Lightnings, Harleys, Mustangs... c'mon out. This will be the last Cruise Nite of the season and its going to be mobbed.

I'll be there on the 14th, and I'm pretty sure Jim Doherty from Total Induction Tuning will be there with his Harley, or maybe Paul's Turbo Lightning, as will Darrell from Athol, MA and JtbtheWelder with their Lightnings, and Jeff 207 with his cogged Harley, and probably Scott with his Gen1 Lightning and Bob from New Haven with his '08 Harley. The more the merrier. Its all highway driving except the last half mile, 15 minutes North from Hartford, CT, 15 minutes South from Springfield, MA.

Mike

Back