Cracking door panels

93MARKIII

skin deep clone wannabe
anyone fix a cracked door panel instead of replacing ?
my door panels are near perfect as they can get, but on the drivers door right where my elbow rests if i have the window down, the plastic is cracking from up underneath the window glass swipper/anti rattle molding and heading down towards the floor...its almost reached the xlt door trim strip....

i know the easy answer is dont rest your elbow there, lol, but too late damage is done.....

the crack all but disappears when theres no weight on the door plastic.....

any ideas ???

any ideas ???

None really.

However, if there are body shops in your area that have the capability and expertise to repair plastic bumper covers they may be able to repair the door panel. But, the cost of that repair may at least equal the cost of purchasing new or used panels.

I have looked everywhere. Where can you get a new door panel?

Are you shopping new or used or both?

New are pretty much NLA.

You can find used ones almost everywhere, just not Lightning panels. If you're O.K. with no fuzzy on the elbow panel for your '93 or no performations on the elbow panel for your '94-'95 you can use panels from the XLT models and from Broncos. If you've got a '93 that presents problems on accounta I believe the charcoal gray was a '92 (non-L) and '93 color only.

Your other option is to buy panels, not caring what the color is, and then either color match them yourself or have them professionally dyed. This opens the door of availability wide open. Then you can shop any '92-'96 Bronco, F150, F250 and F350 panel.

Back