Cracked my windshield!!

Nosdog2

Irish Drunk
Went to Atlantic City yesterday and was on the way up 95 and I hear this little crack! :eek: Didn't think to much about it at the time then a few miles down the raod my girlfriend says that there is a crack in my windshield! :( Damnit!! Well the crack WAS about two inches long on the passager side almost near the pillar. Within an hour of driving the crack is now about 12 inches long!! I called my insurance to put in a claim and get a price quote......They said that my policy would have paid for it if the crack was six inches or less(no penis jokes please) But since is is bigger:D (sorry couldn't resist) I have to pay my deductable of 250. The quote one company gave me was for 480 to come to me and install a new one with lifetime warrenty. Does this sound like a good deal or do you think I could get it cheaper than 250. I have never had to replace a windshield before and maybe you guys know someone! Thanks
Wayne:tu:

Sorry to hear.....

Try Royal Auto Glass. They replaced mine for me and did a great job. Sorry but mine was covered.
I was a pretty cool break though, I was playing follow the leader with this nice a$$ Ford Roadster down here when he went a little to close to the shoulder and kicked some rocks. POP,Crack
Got so pissed that I passed him on the next straight and kept going.:mad:

BTW just got off the phone with Royal and they quoted me $180.00 installed with labor and everything. 301-862-7673
Sorry but they are local to me in Lexington Park

Later...
Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I will give them a call and see what they say. Hopefully they could do mine for that price also. I think the drive would be worth the extra 60 bucks I could save.

spanky777will......Are you going to Cecil or Capitol? And what time would you be going. I could probably meet you guys if it is in the morning to mid afternoon, but later than that I will be going to Atlantic City(try and keep my luck going) that night so who knows. Cecil is on the way to AC!!

:D

Wayne...

If you do end up coming down this way feel free to give me a call. Good Luck with the wind shield.

Later...
Bruce

Back