Couple kill stories with my 2002 L

Maverick163

Maverick
I'm new and I have only had two real kills. I ignore just about every challenger unless it's safe. I used to race a 12 second 5.0 liter coupe years ago just about every weekend at the local 1/4 track. Had the trailer, scooter, tools, the whole nine yards.

Anyway, had a run in with a nitros breathing eclipse. Everytime he shifted I got back three lengths on him. I'd pull away, then all of a sudden I can see his front headlight right next to my rear tire. I started to pay attention to my mirror and I saw that tell tale white puff of smoke in every time he shifted. He backed out around 120. Not sure why he gave up but I had about 5 lengths on him when he got out of it. I couldn't get him to pull over and talk to me. Oh well.

The second one was with one of those two seater Benz sports cars. This guy weaved through traffic to catch me and then followed me off west bound I-70to North bound Hwy 79 just west of St. Louis. Once we got merged it was on. He was in my wheelhouse at about a 50 mph punch. I put 2 lengths on him just like that. I slowed down for my exit and the guy wouldn't even look at me. I really enjoyed that one. Later I looked up the car and it's obvious it was an SL550 and cost about 2 to 3 times what I paid for my 2002 Lightning. I was lucky it wasn't the SL600. That would have turned out a bit differently. Here's a pic of what the Benz looked like.

one of those but the amg version with some kind of mods was racing a bike when they blew by me, since my truck only goes up to 110, i couldn't even keep up a all.....

they must have been doing 160..it was insane, they're nice cars

Yep the AMG version has a little over 600 hp. The tamer one only has 360 hp. With my boost pulling and slight mods I estimate my truck to be around 400 to 410. I'd like to run a GTO once to see where I'm at or just pay the bucks to put it on a dyno.

Next spring I plan to pull the blower and have it ported.

Back