Couple cool Gen 1 videos

OK Travis I need some details on shifter etc. on 5 speed swap... After watching that video I'm sold its gonna happen! Think a older Tremec 5 speed out of mustang would stand up? Don't plan on drag strip but I'm quite sure there will be ample tire smoking events!

OK Travis I need some details on shifter etc. on 5 speed swap... After watching that video I'm sold its gonna happen! Think a older Tremec 5 speed out of mustang would stand up? Don't plan on drag strip but I'm quite sure there will be ample tire smoking events!
Mine is a mildly built TKO600. Internal hydraulic release bearing. stock f150 5 speed pedal set with a few tweaks to use a wilwood clutch master (would think an OEM style 5 speed f150 one could be used), custom driveshaft, crossmember, ETC. Nothing to crazy. I run the front shifter base with a custom handle, but it appears the bases have been discontinued. A few guys have run the mid shifter with success but I prefer the look of the front shifter and gives the jump seat clearance up or down.

there isn't a production mustang that got a tremec 5 speed that will work in a truck. The 3650 and t45 only have one shifter location so wouldn't be a good choice. The new TKX seems to be pretty strong and has a mid shifter option. Magnum would be best choice but again the shifter locations aren't ideal.

My truck makes pretty good power for what it is. I've done some dig runs on the street (draggy/tunerstudio comparisons) and many, many 2-3-4 pulls with good success.

Did your shifter come up in stock location on a 5 speed floor plate? Need to get measurement off of a M50D to compare to.
You have a awesome truck Sir!

Did your shifter come up in stock location on a 5 speed floor plate? Need to get measurement off of a M50D to compare to.
You have a awesome truck Sir!
I am unsure. Lightnings don't have the shifter plate on the floor.

Thank you.

Back