Cool paint idea

coopdog123

greased lightning
Was just watching TRUCKS, or i guess its called truck tech now. Anyways, they painted a short wide chevy a real dark blue and then scuffed the hood and tailgate and painted flat clear super sport stripes. looked really cool IMO (not that its a new thing, seen it before). I was thinking it would look cool on a Lightning because the three body lines on the hood would frame em really well. BUT i was thinking what would also look sick is a flat clear stripe down the side of the truck. Like the original two tone that came on em from the factory but clear instead of a different color. Anyone feel like photoshopping that onto a red truck? :cool:

I'd like to see that paint job. I'll have to keep an eye out for episodes of that show to try to catch it. I've been thinking if I ever get mine repainted that I'd like to figure out some way to go navy/dark blue. I know some people will shout "blasphemy!" for not repainting it the original black, but my truck is never going to be a fully restored show piece no matter how much I'd like it to be. I don't have the in-depth knowledge to recondition it myself or the money to pay labor for every little thing.

Anyway...sounds like a neat idea. I had thought about navy with white stripes but I think that is too stark. The clear idea sounds like something I should look into when/if I ever get to repaint mine.

Yeah I see what you're saying something that kind of blends that's not too loud but catches the eye would be nice. I seen that truck you're talking about on the show it does look good but for all the work they put in it that thing is a slug!!! looks like it will barely get out of its own way........of course it is a Chevy so that's no big surprise! I've always thought of doing something different to my L but I cant bring myself to change much from the way Ford made it other than go fast parts it was a huge agreement with myself to put clear headlight on it, guess I like the sleeper look.

I like the sleeper look.

Me too... one guy in high school had a '67 Fairlane that looked like a family beater but had the 390 4-barrel and left a lot of fancier looking 'muscle' cars in the dust. Another guy had a plain jane 426 Plymouth Satellite - no badging whatever. He didn't lose many races either.

No this is a cool paint idea. Too bad its BullSnit,. Bet it would drive the cops crazy in an APB...

I can't hear the vid for some reason on my IPad on tap a talk since last update. Anyway that acts like mystichrome but I didn't know Dodge was offering anything similar to 03/04 Cobra which had it as an option. Stuff is neat if you've never seen it in person the color changes with light and angle of view.

Anyway...sounds like a neat idea. I had thought about navy with white stripes but I think that is too stark. The clear idea sounds like something I should look into when/if I ever get to repaint mine.

i liked it because it was subtle. on the side of the truck wouldn't be so much so but not nearly as bad as a contrasting color. its also something you wouldn't have to do at a repaint, all you have to do is mask, scuff, and spray.

Back