Converter Re-stall?

ASAP

Fore!
Hi Chris,

Can a Circle D converter be re-stalled? There is one for sale in the classifieds that is a stock replacement. If I were to buy it, I would like it to be set up like the 2800 converters you sell. If so what would the cost be?

Thanks,
David

Not really. that is a 12" converter. The 2800 I do is a 11". So I would still need to get another core.

Chris

Thanks for the response. What could this one(12") be stalled to and what would the cost be?

It is just about maxed out. Maybe add 200-300 more RPM. Better off to start from scratch. What are you wanting in a converter?

Chris

We have our 12" 2400 for $600 and the 11" 2600 for $800. You factory Gen I has a 12" probably about 1800-2000 stall. For the Gen I's I like the 11" better, but i does get more expensive. We could use just a OE stamped front instead of the billet front and multi disk to save a few bucks, but the durability is compromised.

Chris

So you mean an OE (12") front with 1disc L/U? How much stall would I see with this, around 2400(12")? How much money can be saved going this route? Stock converter is doing fine, so i feel the single L/U would be OK for now. How would it hold up for the same mods and 12lbs of vortech boost if I should decide to go that route down the road? Any idea?

Thanks,
David

I don't suggest using a stock front on a modified truck, can be risky. But if you want just a slight bump in stall for a inexpensive price. I can accommodate you. A high stall 12" with a single disk and OE front would cost $350 plus shipping.

Chris

How much stall would this yield? And would the coupling still be better than stock?

Sorry for all the Q's just want to be sure to make the right choice.

Thanks alot,
David

It will be about 3-400 RPM higher than stock. It will be a little looser but still have lock up, so highway MPG's will be the same.

Chris

Back