Construction continues

white01

Turbo Power
Well, I got the motor out of the truck, its still on the engine hoist. I removed the converter and have taken it to Dirtydog Performance. He advised me to sell the converter, which I did and he will be building me a 3 disk high stall converter for my turbo application. Along with that, I'm removing the tranny to have it gone through and having upgraded parts installed also. I will post Pics as soon as I can.

Rich

Josh, you ever going to get your head gasket fixed? Thats why my motor is out of my truck now. I know you got yourself a 2.3 KB, so whats the plan now or are you still looking for that 10 out of the eaton?

Rich

UPDATE Well I dropped off the motor and tranny to Dirtydog performance. I will be getting the tranny BUILT and the motor looked at (Head gaskets) and cam replacements. Project to going slowly.

Rich

I'm swapping the KB now and I still have not changed out the head gasket. I only have had a few issues when I have ran high enough octane or got some crap fuel once.

No Lightningfest for me this year. I have everything for the truck, its just the time to put it back together. I have the motor with the new head gaskets and cams, rebuilt tranny, high stall converter and the turbo kit. Now I need the time to work on it. I wish I could make it to LF, but I just went on vacation with the family and have to go to the state of Delaware this weekend. I have traveled enough. John, anything new with your ride?

Rich

New?

Nothing really new.. just mostly old.

I *think* I found the parts to rebuild the qa1's at a reasonable price - ~$35 for all four shocks, shipped. If the parts are right; I'm tickled (I was told $45 per for parts). If not, I'm going to be driving the 'cloud' to Kansas City. Or swapping in inexpensive shocks w/ stock springs? :help:
1100lb coils w/ worn out stock shocks is really annoying.
A few weeks before WFC x I installed a tru-trac; how cool that has been! Some of my 60' were low ~1.7x's ... corner carving VERY predictable.
I'm hoping in LightningFest I can run the 12.99 or lower brackets, weather is really a factor at this point.

So what's new?; not much really. Haven't driven the ride much since the suspension problems and belt squeak problems. LFest is causing me to tackle some of the issues; which is good. I have two new tires to go on Tuesday and an alignment to do. The suspension problems will be addressed at this time too... I may have to live w/ the squeak!

Wish me luck,
John

Thats sweet

Looks like things are coming along. You have to let me know when you fire it up and it's driveable. Would love to see that beast in person. Any time frame as to when it will be 'ready'?

LightningFest was totally awesome. I really hope they don't stop putting on the event.

John

Hey there buddy,

Looks like the truck is coming along. Good to see. I am still working on my twin turbo installs, but house, marriage, etc, are all taking the time away from getting the truck done.

Looks like things are coming along. You have to let me know when you fire it up and it's driveable. Would love to see that beast in person. Any time frame as to when it will be 'ready'?

LightningFest was totally awesome. I really hope they don't stop putting on the event.

John

John, I'm shooting for the final weekend of Oct. I'm hoping I can get everything done in that time frame. We will see though.

Ya, It would be a shame to see L-fest end. I would have loved to go this year but plans just come up and the truck not being done. The wife said if theres 1 next year, we will go.

Rich

rich it looks nice!! iwas talking to rick at amazon about upgrades and he said to turbo so i might have to hunt you down and look at your set-up, or buy your kb. lol looks good

rich it looks nice!! iwas talking to rick at amazon about upgrades and he said to turbo so i might have to hunt you down and look at your set-up, or buy your kb. lol looks good

Sound good to me! I just need to finish the turbo set-up first.

Rich

I fired the truck up on Sunday night for the first time in over a year and a half. It idled on the factory tune. I found 2 major leaks that need attention. The 1st being the oil leak from the drivers side valve cover. The 2nd being the trans leaking from the rear cooler line. I have alot of electrical wiring to do and vac. plumbing. Its coming along, SLOWLY.

Rich

Back