Cleaning off burnout residue question??

Ronnie

Will Work For Truck Parts
Anyone know of anything besides waxing the hell out of the L, that will take off burnout residue. I just broke in a fresh set of slicks and boy did it leave some rubber on the truck. Thanks Ronnie

Wel'p, I own a plumbing-supply in PA. I sell a product called "Scrubs in a bucket". Its generally a strong, yet mild (ie; safe) hand cleaner that removes ALL sorts of contaminants. I actually use this product regularly. Upon restoring an older british car (more than one, even) I used these disposeable wipes on EVERYTHING! Cleaned up grease under hood, tar from body, gook off the dash, rubber from paint, <fresh> overspray etc etc. It is safe, nontoxic, smells purtty and biodegradeable!! You should be able to find this stuff in plumbing supplys, janitorial supplys or Grainger co. near you. White bucket, blue lid and writing, Scrubs in a bucket, goood stuff (oh yea, cleans your hand darn good too.) sells around $11.

I dont think waxing your truck would do anything to get rubber off your paint. The next time you know your going to light them up, I've hear applying a thick coat of wax where the rubber ussualy sticks will make the clean up alot easier. The majority of the rubber will just come off with the wax, and there may be a little bit of residue left, but you just need some elbow greese to get that off. Clay bar would make it alot easier too.

I use acetone to remove all the rubber that ends up in the fender well. It comes off easily w/o any elbow grease. Make sure you wax it over after your'e done cleaning. Because it strips the wax but not the paint.

Geddex™ Burnout Guard™
This needs to be applied BEFORE burnouts.. think Summit carries it..

Makes Rubber Rinse Off With Just Water!
Water burnouts create good traction - but look at that tire rubber splattered across your race car's quarter panel! What a job. Tired of difficult and time consuming cleanup after the race?

Now, before your next race, spray Geddex™ Burnout Guard™ on the body sections you used to scrub. Geddex™ dries clear and won't harm paint. It becomes a water-soluble layer of protection between hot splaters of tire rubber and the nice clean quarter panels of your car. When you're ready, just rinse down the splattered area with water and wipe away the rubber. Spray on Geddex™ Burnout Guard™ again, and you're protected for another day at the drag strip.

BTW- Spray some on the inside of your rims... rubber buildup there is a PITA!!!!

Last edited:
^^^^^Stuff works great!!!!!,Yes it really does come off with just water. Also can buy it a most larger drag strips.

it sounds "red-neck"...but if you spay Pam(yes the cookin stuff) on the paint before you do your burnout it will just wipe off with o paper towel or whatever with no effort

I mad a run right after they treated the track and got that sticky tack all over my truck.
I used Goof Off and it worked great.

Phil

Here is the best idea yet! Before you go and drag it next time, go to the hardware store and buy your self some black painters tape, and put in on the truck does not hurt the paint at all nor take of the wax. when you are done with the races pull the tape off and you are done.

duplicolor has a spray on bra....it washes off with water also like the greddy burn out guard

Back