Class Payouts

jamie go check out the new pro truck rules....
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/lightningfest-6-drag-racing-information/167250-pro-truck-class.html

Pro Truck Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Pro Truck Rules
• Open to ALL FORD & FORD POWERED trucks only, running 10.99 and faster
• All class participants must have an NHRA approved roll cage
• All-Run Field will run on a NHRA Pro ladder
• Heads-up, (.400) Pro tree
• Deep Staging Permitted
• No weight limits
• No engine size limit
• No limit to number or size of power adders
• No fuel type specified
• Delay Boxes, Throttle Stops, and other electronic devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time & E.T. ARE permitted
• Trans Brakes & Two-steps ARE permitted
• Full-chassis or back-half trucks are permitted
• “Snell 2000” or later, rated helmet required for all drivers

• $1000 1st, $500 2nd, $100 3rd (trophy’s), $100 4th
• #1 Qualifier $100 (NO TROPHY)

Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA “First or Worst” competition policy during eliminations, in a double red light situation.

IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH TRUCK AND DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE’S PERFORMANCE LEVEL

Last edited:
How does that change things??

Dude, my truck runs 9.90's Ralph's truck has been 8.25 and he spent 50K since then, Johnny's truck has run 8.30, Duckett's truck has been 8.99 and that was with a small block, he now has a big block. Have you seen some of these full tube chassis Gen 2's? Gary's truck should run well into the 7's.

Ralph can shut off at 1/2 track and still go faster then me. Thats not a heads up race against me thats a slaughter!

I have been saying this and saying this but I guess it comes out wrong or something (someone else please help me explain this) There are 88 trucks that run between 11.49 and 10.00 on the NLOC ET list. There is a whole group of trucks that are split between a heads up class that they can't win in and a street truck class that they are well beyond.

How does that change things??

Dude, my truck runs 9.90's Ralph's truck has been 8.25 and he spent 50K since then, Johnny's truck has run 8.30, Duckett's truck has been 8.99 and that was with a small block, he now has a big block. Have you seen some of these full tube chassis Gen 2's? Gary's truck should run well into the 7's.

Ralph can shut off at 1/2 track and still go faster then me. Thats not a heads up race against me thats a slaughter!

I have been saying this and saying this but I guess it comes out wrong or something (someone else please help me explain this) There are 88 trucks that run between 11.49 and 10.00 on the NLOC ET list. There is a whole group of trucks that are split between a heads up class that they can't win in and a street truck class that they are well beyond.
Jamie, dont be scared of all the BIG dogs. I dont want to be rude but most of them dont make it threw the whole weekend brakage wise look at last year. Ray turned the wick up to much and had problems in the final, Ducketts truck could not hook with all that insane power, red lights, Frank had trans problems at 1 point. I was also having problems with traction only running a 10.30 with hardly any N2o. I should of brought home the GOLD if I did'th blow my vac. line off my regultor in the finals. Its all luck with whos going to stay togther.

-Yaeger- (Im on my buds computer)

Stuff happens, its racing. The fastest person doesnt always win.

I did go 9.9s last year FWIW. And IMO without the incedent I would have been bottom 9s. Just going by the next time it was on the track and went 6.01 in the 1/8th with identical 60's (and no changes to the truck at all mechanically)

IF the trucks come out in '08 that are being built, there really won't be any point of me showing up either, but its not gonna stop me. I will admit that I'm only about 400miles away and that makes a big difference.

The Pro class would be much better if one rule was changed..... "No weight limit". If a weight breaks were established there would be some basis for a greater variety of trucks to be competitive. There is no heads up racing in the country that does not at least have weight factored. At least that I am aware of......

My .02

Eric

Back