Chip Reburn, tuning question

I have most of the bugs worked out of my truck, but it just isn't running like I think it should. It ran a 9.20 @ 77mph friday night at our local 1/8th on street tires (2.28 60 ft.). I know with good traction that would be around an 8.80. The truck has a new 393 stroker with victor jr. heads, a crane hyd. roller cam, vex1 conversion, underdrives, 30# injectors, and full exhaust. I was expecting more in the low to mid 8's on street tires (the same motor setup ran a 7.20 in an '85 mustang that weighed 3500 lbs). The only problem I know of right now is that at about 1/4 throttle the O2 is reading full voltage ( I installed a digital air/fuel ratio gauge), and I can't get it any lower. I changed the O2 and that didn't help. It doesn't scroll while cruising like I would expect it to, it stays around .2-.3 volts, and then goes directly to 1.1-1.2 when I give it any throttle. It still throws a check engine light for an open ECT circuit, but I know the ECT sensor and the wiring are good. Fuel pressure is at 40, timing is around 10, TPS is at .98, any other suggestions? I would still like to get the chip reburned to my setup if possible. If I am just expecting to much please let me know that as well.
thanks,
shelby

Back