Chevy guys welcome?

S

Silverado

Hey guys. I will be honest. The lightning is my favorite truck, but I dont have the pockets for it if you know what I mean. So I bought a Silverado. Ive read a lot of your posts for the last month and the bickering between R/Ts and L's and I just wanna make sure I'm welcome here. I hope to maybe see some of you guys at the track. Any of you know where Kennedale is? My friend Jeff has a Gen 2 L and we are going to the track thursday and I was wondering if any of you L's or R/T's are gonna be there.

Joe

Hey, You're welcome as far as I'm concerned. Tell us about your truck, I'm curious. The time we have problems on here is when people start flamin each other over who's right and who's wrong. I just say let people have their own opinions, if I think they're wrong, so be it. It's not my place to correct them, unless it needs correcting to protect another fellow gear head
smile.gif
Most of the guys on here are really nice and have tons of great advice. This is a site for enthusiasts, and if you're a chevy owner saying your a lightning enthusiast, great! Welcome!- Brian

------------------
94 Red Lightning
K-B Supercharger (7psi), BAP, plug wires and switch chip
K&N Filter, 180* Thermostat, Diesel Tube
Bassani x-pipe, Crane ps-91 coil and HI-6Tr Ign., Aeromotive FPR

My Other Toy:
78 Trans Am 400 w/nitrous

Thanks gasguzzler.
I just bought my truck about 2 months ago.
Its a 2001 black reg cab sportside 5.3L. Only mods I have are K&N, Exhaust and Hypertech(still in box). Its quick for a truck though. I raced my friend yesterday who has a 94 almost stock 5.0 and I beat him through about 80 and then he pulled on me after that but...

Im going to the track thursday and hes coming also and Ill scan my timeslips after I race him and let you know the results.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Silverado (edited 07-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Silverado (edited 08-01-2001).]

A buddy of mine with an '00 EXTENDED CAB 5.3L silverado pulled my 93 pretty damn well from about 40-80mph. I didn't race him on the top end cuz we were running out of road.

This was back when my truck was running a 15.7 and was pretty badly out of tune. But a few weeks, a couple grand, I can whip him pretty bad now.

Welcome to the board!

aloha and howzit braddah!!!
smile.gif
...yu are very welcome here...this is warzone and flamesuits are handed out at the door
biggrin.gif
on the lighter side..This board will definetly inspire ya to mod away on that sweety(silverado)...get to that track and let the fever get ya..yeehaw yu'll luv it..

Yu got a truck yur cool Welcome!!!

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

cool_carrot_md_wht.gif

da_surfas_beach.JPG

Another chevy guy. how sweet it is. 1 is the loneliest number.

------------------
Why doesnt anyone mention full size Chevy's?

there are probably more chevy people on here than you may know. I have both, and probably always will. should I even mention the chevy is much quicker than the L? :)

[This message has been edited by daryl (edited 08-01-2001).]

Thanks guys. I hope maybe Ill meet a few of you sometime.

Joe

------------------
2001 Black Silverado 5.3L
K&N, Flowmaster Exhaust, Hypertech

1978 Corvette
383 Stroker, alum. heads holley 750, MSD distributor,wires, and coil. And many more mods. Soon to be tested at the track!

there's a new black sidestep silverado aound my parts and i have to say it's a real eye catcher. whether or not it's an L catcher has yet to be determined
wink.gif

------------------
bolt.jpg

01L - JDM Flip Chip, Filter & Breather
1994 Land Rover Discovery
1993 Jeep Wrangler

Silverado welcome i came here too just to see what the fords had and how fast they are. i can tell you this. the chat room is pretty cool, most of the people on here are pretty good. and they dont care what you drive for as long as you dont bash there cars or trucks to much. LOL
THANKS CMYINDY

Silverado,

I am a die-hard Ford fan, but I respect other peoples choices. I am learning alot about the L's here, and I will eventually go forth and buy. As far as I know, everyone here is pretty cool. I have seen some flames, but it makes for a good laugh if nothing else.

JF.

Welcome Silverado! We do have several Chebby guys looming around here. We called the bug man but it didnt do any good!
biggrin.gif
We do have alot of fun here, and it does get a little out of control sometimes, but we all have one common tie, FAST TRUCKS. So take that Chevy to the track and tell us how it runs. Then start the mods!! Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
58581764103_0_ALB.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

I own an L and a Chebby (kind of) and the L is a great truck, but if one ever has to go for whatever reason, I'll still have a Chebby (kind of).
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

Welcome Silverado! You'll have a great time here and may learn a lot too! Maybe in time we can convert you
wink.gif

-Hamrhead- tell us about your "R". I just noticed it in your sig. I was always under the impression that they overrated but loved them just the same. Looks like yours runs very well!

------------------
'00 White Lightning
no mods
5636824.jpg

Wow! thanks for the welcome guys. I feel right at home.
smile.gif
I just installed my hypertech tonight after work and took my truck to an empty access road. It runs a lot better. I'm looking forward to going to the track tomorrow. Ill post my times tomorrow night. (hoping to be in the high 9's) 1/8 mile track btw. Talk to you later.

Joe

------------------

1978 Corvette
383 Stroker, alum. heads holley 750, MSD distributor,wires, and coil. And many more mods. Soon to be tested at the track!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cplgunn:

-Hamrhead- tell us about your "R". I just noticed it in your sig. I was always under the impression that they overrated but loved them just the same. Looks like yours runs very well!

</font>

My R is going up FOR SALE!! Only because I don't drive it (800 miles on the odometer). I took it to the strip twice. Once bone stock and once with the exhaust,air filter, and shifter. Never seen a road course (where it was intended to be!), although I'd love to give that a go. Just don't have any time with work and all, but working like nutz is what gets me this stuff in the first place!

What else can I tell you about it? Well, imagine the acceleration of a GEN2 L in a vehicle that has the ability to take sharp turns at speed and can brake hard enough to displace your eyeballs from their sockets! Not to mention you get the pure pleasure of shifting your own gears, the way ALL performance cars should be. Otherwise, it's pretty spartan inside with no radio, a/c, backseat etc. It's kinda noisy too without any of the sound deadening insulation. But if you are one of the few people that REALLY enjoys driving a high performance machine, it's an absolute blast! By 'REALLY enjoy driving' I mean pushing the car. These R's seem to run best at full throttle. I guess that only makes sense as that's what they were intended to do, and they do it very well!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

I just got back from the track. After 3 runs my best is:

Reaction: .530
60ft: 2.334
330ft: 6.407
1/8 ET: 9.796
1/8 MPH: 72.57

Joe

------------------

1978 Corvette

Silverado,
Those times end up looking like a 15.30 @ 89 mph or so in the quarter. That's quicker than I have seen any of them go so far. Although, I will admit to not paying that much attention to other peoples times when I'm at the track. Is that better or worse than you were looking for?

Well I was happy with my time. I beat a 94 GT and was on a 99GT's butt who ran constant 9.6's. And I dont really have a lot of mods yet. I plan on getting some aluminum heads and a set of headers sometime soon. But I had fun and raced some cool people.

Joe

------------------

1978 Corvette

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silverado:
I just got back from the track. After 3 runs my best is:

Reaction: .530
60ft: 2.334
330ft: 6.407
1/8 ET: 9.796
1/8 MPH: 72.57

Joe

</font>

Hey Joe, good times, that's just a ll slower than my R/T ran stock in the 1/8th, 'course my tires were so damn bald I couldn't even get a puff of smoke off em brake tqing! Ended up with 2.2-28 60 fts, most 2.5s. LOL. Hey, but I think I set a record for miles on stock RSAs on a Dak R/T! 39k miles if I remember correctly! And I'm still running one stock RSA up front at 52k! I had 2 new RSAs and 2 new Nittos on it, but after popping 3 tires in a row, I was left with 1 new RSA, 1 old RSA, and 2 new Nittos. I hope to have Nittos all around soon, they're great!

Do any of you Ford or Chebby guys run Nittos?

------------------

Back