CAS open track vids

droptail

Finally got around to posting the vids. Had a blast on the track with my truck. It was quite a runner! Miss her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ0fcrWqoI
IMG_0386.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man but that brings back memories! My best friend and I use to driver's school our cars; his 89 Mustang and my 91 Camaro Z281LE.

What were some of the reactions or comments from the other drivers as they saw that beautiful 'farm truck' loom in their rear view mirror?

And man, that SRT10 driver in the second link really let it hang out!

Dan

Last edited:
SVTSilverback, I didn't have my sig checked. Think that lists most mods I had.

Lightninrod, I remember I was in line for lunch at Willow Springs once and some people in back of me asked if I was the guy in the truck. They asked for a high "5", said I had pulled one of them in an SS Camaro down the straight and he followed me up turn 2 or 3 which is a long fast uphill right hander. Asked me if I knew I was hanging my tail out a little, (actually I didn't know it), but I just smiled and said it was a blast. They were all smiles, said I was nuts.

Proof-12270KB.jpg

Last edited:
thats great video. im going to try out some road track racing when this mid america ford tour comes to okla. in june! im pumped!

That was sweet..................I could imagine the look on there face when you were blasting buy.

The regulars from NASA warmed up to me after some time, but some still kept an attitude. Many not liking being passed by a "truck".

I don't think my current ride will ever be quite as good on the open track, unfortunately. I need to switch to cars.

Back