Car Club Challenge Race Bremerton, 4/27/13

my94lightning

I NEED MORE BOOST CAPT!!!
James cam over Friday afternoon,
Since the Lightning is not track ready we decided to dig out the old Maverick, got a few things done, such as,
found a battery,battery hold own, wheels back on, fresh gas, installed maual fan, (old rigged electric was removed.) washed a years worth of dust off, LOL. loaded up on the trailer.

pic 2
just hit the gas, notice how much higher it sits in the Air.
just a low comp 302, headers, c-4, 3.40 8" welded diff gears= mind bending best time of 14.6. :smt100

Could probably be around 14.0 with much lower gears and a stall converter, I shift to drive about 80 ft before the line, I could over rev and finish in 2nd gear if wanted.
60 ft is 2.3 feels slow off the line and NO issues with traction off the line.

pic Jean's "GRADE 8", Capt Scott at the wheel and Heating the new Mickey's up.

pic

Weather was chilly and breezy, but the Rain pattern missed us, so dry track with a good tail wind.

I nailed my dial in time at 14.70 ran a 14.7x.
driver (me) was taking a nice Nap, was 3 thenths slow, so lost first round.\
but still got 4 passes for the day atleast.

Scott can update his story, He did a fair bit better.

Sorry to not comment sooner ! Left for Vancouver, WA Monday morn for the week. No internet access and didn't feel like paying Verizon to make my mobile a hot spot. Not gonna type on a "itty-bitty" keyboard either hence a week delay in how the white truck ran....

She ran GOOD ! Had a string of new personal bests with her on Saturday ! The "best" of the PBs came in the semi final round when I broke out ! I was sleepin' at the lights anyway with a .193 reaction so I had no chance against Jr. in his deadly consistent Maverick. It put a Mopar and a Ford in the final and the Ford Maverick took it to the house ! Good racin' though and the weather was nice to us all day ! NO RAIN at the track !!

So first time out with the white truck, learnin' what it wants netted a PB of 13.27 @ a touch over 102 MPH ! The ol girl liked her new shoes ! 30" tall drag radials. 31 cars showed up for this race, managed to get to the final 4 !

Next race is this coming weekend at Bremerton again. Gonna work on trying to improve that final 4 thing ! Weather will not be as nice from a PB kinda way. Sunny and warm at mid 70s with no tail wind so we'll slow down a bit but if I can just figure out the little details of staging maybe I can get a bit more consistent and not break out !

Anybody else gonna come out to enjoy the day ?

Scott

Sorry to not comment sooner ! Left for Vancouver, WA Monday morn for the week. No internet access and didn't feel like paying Verizon to make my mobile a hot spot. Not gonna type on a "itty-bitty" keyboard either hence a week delay in how the white truck ran....

She ran GOOD ! Had a string of new personal bests with her on Saturday ! The "best" of the PBs came in the semi final round when I broke out ! I was sleepin' at the lights anyway with a .193 reaction so I had no chance against Jr. in his deadly consistent Maverick. It put a Mopar and a Ford in the final and the Ford Maverick took it to the house ! Good racin' though and the weather was nice to us all day ! NO RAIN at the track !!

So first time out with the white truck, learnin' what it wants netted a PB of 13.27 @ a touch over 102 MPH ! The ol girl liked her new shoes ! 30" tall drag radials. 31 cars showed up for this race, managed to get to the final 4 !

Next race is this coming weekend at Bremerton again. Gonna work on trying to improve that final 4 thing ! Weather will not be as nice from a PB kinda way. Sunny and warm at mid 70s with no tail wind so we'll slow down a bit but if I can just figure out the little details of staging maybe I can get a bit more consistent and not break out !

Anybody else gonna come out to enjoy the day ?

Scott

Working today so couldn't attend. Will make at least one T&T this summer sometime. More goodies going on the L Memorial Day. Should probably turn on the radio and listen to, what is that race they put on? Oh something about 500 miles at Indy. WOW that would be just like the old days.

Anyone interested, next weekend is Paine Field Aviation day. Paine Field Aviation Day. If ya wana see and hear some really big piston engine stuff. Like a Zero (the real thing!), B25, Bearcat, Tigercat, P51, Skyraider,
Hurricane.
:tu:tu

Carson:cool:
ZoomButt.gif

Back