Cannot find this MAF conversion info

Kissmy05ss

I am trying to complete a MAF swap. All that is left is controlling the transmission. I'm too far over my head in this truck to buy a trans controller. Is there any info on how to use the factory C3P2 ecm to controll the e40d transmission?

I am new to the site. Not this line of work. And, I exhausted all the searches I could before posting.

Thank you, in advance.

I am trying to complete a MAF swap. All that is left is controlling the transmission. I'm too far over my head in this truck to buy a trans controller. Is there any info on how to use the factory C3P2 ecm to controll the e40d transmission?

I am new to the site. Not this line of work. And, I exhausted all the searches I could before posting.

Thank you, in advance.

If you want the stock computer controlling the trans then you'll want to look at a Pro-M mass air kit. It basically splits the engine and trans control between a Fox Mustang computer and the truck's original computer. You'll have to settle for used though as they do not offer them any more. They do pop up in the classifieds from time to time.

What are you using to do your maf conversion? There are a couple of threads in the How to: section which list the wires that need to be re-pinned when doing an overlay harness with a Ford maf ecu.

You can run a Bronco box from a MAF Bronco and control the trans without running two boxes. I've done that many times.

Is that the VEX1 (or similar) EEC swap Matt? I bought one from Ed, just have never used it and lost the instructions.

Back