Can you recommend scan tool

S

SilverLightning4Me

Jim went to track for first time last weekend with your flip chip (2001L). Truck went 12.87 on stock tires with only chip, pulley and air filter. Couldn't squeeze anymore out of the race mode that the street mode. What sort of difference should I see?

Also can you recommend some sort of scan tool. I want to be able to monitor engine detonation.

SilverLightning4Me,

First congrats on your 12's.
Make sure you join the 12 second club here.
The race mode is designed for consistency. You should see about a 1/10th difference.
There is a number of scan tools out there,
we sell the NGS scan tool to all our dealers.
All thou there cheeper ones out there such as Auto Tap.

Hope this helps.

JIM@JDM

Thanks Jim. I will look into those tools. Also while at the track I meet one of the guys from the company that makes the front intercooler for the lightnings. He is custom building a new one for me now. Basically put two stock ones together to make a larger one. Have you had any success with changing your intercooler? I'll let you know how mine comes out. I'm also trying an alcohol injection system to cool the air charge.

I see a lot of guys talking about engines blowing when they use both pulleys. Seems like that initial snap of all that boost is what's so bad on the engines. Have you thought about a way to bleed off some of the boost initially and sort of slide into boost much like a turbo? Can you tap into the wastgate solenoid function to do this?

I'd like to have you take my truck and customize the chip for it. Do you have any more road trips planned in the near future?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain
Sam Silverthorne

Back