can someone tell me what PCM this is?

jcarp1

I have a 95 Lightning with a Mass Air conversion, i believe it the FMS but not 100% but im having issues with finding someone to tune it. i have pulled the PCM expecting to take down a few numbers make a few phone calls and be ready to go. When i pulled the PCM i found a few odd things. First was the Motorola Engineering Sample sticker. then the Ford Electronics Engineering Office sticker. no one has been able to help me with what it actually is. Dave at Moates has never seen anything like it. The engineers at SCT havnt told me what its from Just that they dont support it. The truck was Tuned by JDM when cervinis owned it, they used a Superchips flip chip, But that was 13 years ago. If anyone has any information on this or a line on an ACK0 i can buy that would be great, i need to get the truck tuned as soon as i can. image2.jpgimage.jpgimage3.jpg

I have emailed back and forth with Nick at JDM he couldn't tell me much other than he thought they used Bronco PCM's with the harness that Jim used to make and sell to Ford Racing. (I don't know who Jim is?)

x2

That's not an FMS mass air conversion kit computer.

A search of the printed p/n E9AF-14A624-AA and the stamped p/n F0AF-14A459-AA don't yield any definitive results, except there are a lot of folks who have asked the same question you're asking.

The only thing you can safely assume is that it's a 1990 Ford computer box that looks like it's had remanufacturing work done to it by Ford and/or Motorola - never seen either of those stickers on an OEM computer.

You need to talk to the tuner...

Do you still have the superchip flip chip that was in it? JDM should be able to retrieve the tune and catch code for that ecm.

I am trying to get contact information for Jim. and no the chip was out when cervinis sold it.

Back