Cam recommendation!

white01

Turbo Power
I blew a head gasket at the end of the season this year. I now have to pull my motor inorder to change the head gaskets. While I have the motor out I was looking to change my Crower stage 2 cams with something better. Do you have an opinion on which cams to run. The truck is not driven all that much. It sees the track once a month. The mods I currently have are...

Modular Performance built lower
Renagade racing CNC ported heads w/ 1mm oversized valves
Crower stage 2 cams
Magnum powers blower w/ 2.7 upper
8# lower pulley
Dynatech longtube headers
JL ram air (old style)
xcal2
ngk br7ef plugs gapped at .032
JL bed mount power cooler
JL 58" longbars
FTVB
FT total dominator converter
JL electric fan and cobra water pump
(I do have an electric water pump that I removed)
SBTB accufab
C&L intake tube (not the intake)
AEM wideband
Deep oil pan (Canton)

I think that is it, oh...the truck is an 01 with around 60,000 on the clock. I live in ohio (cincinnati) and my current best so far has only been an 11.67@115. I am trying to muster somemore ET and MPH out of it. Any input on cam selection and tuning would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Rich

white01 said:
I blew a head gasket at the end of the season this year. I now have to pull my motor inorder to change the head gaskets. While I have the motor out I was looking to change my Crower stage 2 cams with something better. Do you have an opinion on which cams to run. The truck is not driven all that much. It sees the track once a month. The mods I currently have are...

Modular Performance built lower
Renagade racing CNC ported heads w/ 1mm oversized valves
Crower stage 2 cams
Magnum powers blower w/ 2.7 upper
8# lower pulley
Dynatech longtube headers
JL ram air (old style)
xcal2
ngk br7ef plugs gapped at .032
JL bed mount power cooler
JL 58" longbars
FTVB
FT total dominator converter
JL electric fan and cobra water pump
(I do have an electric water pump that I removed)
SBTB accufab
C&L intake tube (not the intake)
AEM wideband
Deep oil pan (Canton)

I think that is it, oh...the truck is an 01 with around 60,000 on the clock. I live in ohio (cincinnati) and my current best so far has only been an 11.67@115. I am trying to muster somemore ET and MPH out of it. Any input on cam selection and tuning would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Rich

PM sent.

JJ@WMS

Back