Cam options with pimpxshift SD tuning

alarcont91

What options are there for cams when using the pimpxshift to tune with. I would image that you can venture a bit out of SD spec right

What options are there for cams when using the pimpxshift to tune with. I would image that you can venture a bit out of SD spec right

Oh yeah, don’t confuse aftermarket speed density with factory. You can pretty much run any cam you want.

That's what I was thinking. I would like to get some with a little lope to it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Yea. I was think about calling comp cams and talking to them about some xfi cams grinds

A set of Twisted Wedge 170s, AFR-185s or Edelbrock Performers will all work great, combustion chamber around 60 cc for boost (depending on your piston dish). I've ran all 3 at some point and that's the order I would pick them personally (I have the 185s on my truck).

Pick your heads before calling the cam manufacturer because the heads will directly impact the cam profile. The cam is the final piece of the puzzle and should be speced to bring all the rest of the pieces together.

Ok I have a stock bottom end so piston are like oem style pistons. That's one thing I wasn't about is what head would work with my current pistons.

Try to catch the engine masters show on heads and boost. Decent heads did just as well. Better heads boost went down and hp didn't go up much just a little.

Ok I have a stock bottom end so piston are like oem style pistons. That's one thing I wasn't about is what head would work with my current pistons.

I run hand ported trick flow twisted wedge 170 cc heads with an xfi stock SD friendly cam. Now run the pimpxshift. Believe Billy has had good success with the trick flow stage 2 cam as well. I know that one lopes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cam wise I went with a custom cam from Flow Tech Induction. Curt is a great guy to work with. Fair priced for a custom cam.

http://www.flowtechinduction.com/ford-7/

As for heads, I think the best bang for your buck would be 185 AFR as cast heads. $525 each assembled.
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I run hand ported trick flow twisted wedge 170 cc heads with an xfi stock SD friendly cam. Now run the pimpxshift. Believe Billy has had good success with the trick flow stage 2 cam as well. I know that one lopes.

What cc combustion camber you running?

Well they were 61cc chambers but I had the heads milled a bit when I lifted a head last year. So I'm sure they are just a touch smaller now.

Back