cage and helmet Q

LightningLowe

Shut Up!!!......It's Fast
is there a certain speed/time where they say you have to hve a helmet and a certain point where you have to have a certain roll cage....i know there is...;im just wondering what they are

i run at national trails in columbus and their rules are what WillWork4Tires said.....well those are the only ones i will have to worry about...i dont see my truck throwin out sub 12 times anytime this season

also if your running slicks you must have a driveshaft loop no matter what. 12.00's and slower no cage needed. and if your running faster than 14.0 you will need a helmet. now as far as helmets go not sure what et they start enforcing the snell rated helmets but if you dont already have one buy a snell rated sa2000 helmet it will save you some hassle down the road as to whether your helmet meets tech or not. i was not aloud to use my motorcycle helmet at one track last year.

LOVE your truck RDY2RAC mine is silver also who did the cage for you and do you have any problems with the rear glass leaking?What kind of bed cover fits on it now?

The cage was done by Ponde's Performance (I think that's the name). The rear glass is lexane. We actually just lowered it out this week to paint the cage black (had been unfinished) & reinstalled it last night after adding rubber striping around the cage holes. It hasn't sat out in the rain w/out a cover on it but it hasn't leaked other than the holes for the cage. We use our soft tonneu cover that we had on before the cage. We just cut the cover for the bars (slits from the bar to the front or the bed, towards the cab) & made a little hem to finish the edges.

The primary difference between the Snell "M" 2000
and the "SA" 2000 is the "SA" contains fireproof
materials and the "M" does not (Cotton, etc.)

"SA" is required for most all on-track events, although
some will let you run with the "M" ... (IF I CRASH, I
PROBABLY WON'T BURN TOO!!!!)

Back