Cabin Air Filter Mod

joedpl

Just wanted to ask if anyone has done this mod in their truck, I've had 0 luck searching at several salvage yards for the parts required. I had Mike at Riverside search the nationwide inventory and there were 0 cabin air filter kits remaining and are NLA. If someone could lend me the air filter mounting brackets I would like to make a copy of them since they are no longer being made. The filters are easy to find and get its just that the brackets are nearly impossible to find. Any help would be appreciated! I will gladly pay shipping both ways plus extra to cover your time.

I did that to mine a few years back. There is a how-to on one of the forums. From what I remember, the filter is tight enough to hold itself in, just cut out the box according to the how to and shove it in............ like she said.:eek:ldtu:

not to sound like a tard but what is this "mod" and what does it do?? just curious

thanks

stewie

not to sound like a tard but what is this "mod" and what does it do?? just curious

thanks

stewie

It adds a filter in the a/c system that'll filter out pollen and other stuff out of the air before it blows out your a/c vents.

i have read some people have don their own. But I have yet to find pics or a description on where it would go. :sigh:

Back