CA fires

Skritch

Certainly hoping all you guys are NOT involved with the Napa/Sonoma county fires. Please check in and let us all know you are safe and away from those horrible fires making the news. Jean is particularly concerned for your safety.

Scott

It's friggin Armageddon I tell you ...

Hurricanes, fires, wars, rumors of wars, social unrest, mass killings, dogs and cats living together ... it's mass histeria!!

That last part was suppose to make folks giggle a little ... absolutely no disrespect or minimization of the CA situation is intended.

Hurricanes, fires, wars, rumors of wars, social unrest, mass killings, dogs and cats living together ... it's mass histeria!!

That last part was suppose to make folks giggle a little ... absolutely no disrespect or minimization of the CA situation is intended.

Exactly, I am going to SEMA and don't even want to go. If it wasn't paid for in advance, I would quickly cancel.
Between Rocket man and stupid Americans and natural disasters it sucks around here

Well I'm further inland than the fires but I have quite a few friends that have had too evacuate. Putting one of them up at my house until they get power and water back. Fire came within a quarter mile of his house but didnt take it. He was one of the lucky ones there are many that werent.

I'm going to SEMA as well just got my badges for this year. Go every year and I'm not gonna let some madman put fear in me and dictate how I live my life.

You forgot the part where folks that throw balls for a living are distracting the public....
opps I mean..."making a political statement"

Well I'm further inland than the fires but I have quite a few friends that have had too evacuate. Putting one of them up at my house until they get power and water back. Fire came within a quarter mile of his house but didnt take it. He was one of the lucky ones there are many that werent.

I'm going to SEMA as well just got my badges for this year. Go every year and I'm not gonna let some madman put fear in me and dictate how I live my life.

It is not fear for me, I'm just fed up with all the BS

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot the part where folks that throw balls for a living are distracting the public....
opps I mean..."making a political statement"

Right on Anton, you are spot on.

Exactly, I am going to SEMA and don't even want to go. If it wasn't paid for in advance, I would quickly cancel.
Between Rocket man and stupid Americans and natural disasters it sucks around here

Why? I am in Vegas now have been since 10/7 if it wasnt constantly “on the news” you wouldnt even know anything happened. Daily life pretty much unaffected.

Weather and Natural disasters are out of my control so I go with the flow on that. Little smoke has rolled in around the mountains but nothing has changed.

Hell I am headed to LMS to participate in be a Petty today 10/13.

Due to the convince of the convention center location (I came on business for NBAA)we stay in the Westgate. Have for the past umpteen yrs when its in Vegas.
Have had Hanna as our server many times. Tell her Don from Texas recommended you ask for her. She works the international bar in the WR.

Best server in town.
9aed190a2df5fa5e956c42749d527ecd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly hoping all you guys are NOT involved with the Napa/Sonoma county fires. Please check in and let us all know you are safe and away from those horrible fires making the news. Jean is particularly concerned for your safety.

Scott

Scott & Jean - we are safe from the fires but the sky is full of smoke and the cars parked outside have a coating of ash.

George

Back