Buying a new turbo

Turbosvt93

I found these for sale, would one do any good on a mild 357

I have two brand new Turbonetics 62-1 Turbos Assembly With Standard Bearing, Your Choice Of A/R Housings .58, .69, .70, .81, Or .96 A/R Housings, $650.00 each plus shipping.

If you are going with an 62mm then go with the biggest compressor you can. I would go with the .96 if you go with something that small. I would look at a GT40 at the minium. Check with the vendors at turbomustangs.com or I will look around if you need me too.

Are you wanting twins or single? I would stay single, but thats my personal preference.

What is your goal, power-wise? A .96 A/R 62-1 could get you to around the 600-650 crank hp mark. It's a pretty nice turbo for a stock motor.

400-450 after the rebuild and around 550 when the new motor is done beening built. I am building a 377 with AFR 205s. Now would this turbo hurt the bigger motor.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and spend the money for a T76. It's happier at the lower boost levels you'll run at those power levels, and it'll take you a long way should you decide to put together a serious combo.

Hard to argue with the price for the 62-1, but it's going to be too small for your future plans, IMO. If you were staying stock, it would be just peachy. IMO.

Back