For Sale: Bring a Trailer

As much as this tugs at my nostalgia, I don't know what I'd do with it! One of the reasons I'm happy with the "beater" that I've rehabbed is that I drive it nearly daily.

I'm shocked how much attention that thing gets. Just this past Monday evening, I walked out to a guy a taking pictures of it in the supermarket parking. I'd say half the time I'm at the gas station putting nearly $100 in it, someone comes up to ask about it.

I can only imagine the interest a pristine beauty like this would draw.

As much as this tugs at my nostalgia, I don't know what I'd do with it! One of the reasons I'm happy with the "beater" that I've rehabbed is that I drive it nearly daily.

I'm shocked how much attention that thing gets. Just this past Monday evening, I walked out to a guy a taking pictures of it in the supermarket parking. I'd say half the time I'm at the gas station putting nearly $100 in it, someone comes up to ask about it.

I can only imagine the interest a pristine beauty like this would draw.
Some people just like owning and displaying these things. That's not for me and I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the members here want to drive them!

Some people just like owning and displaying these things. That's not for me and I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the members here want to drive them!
My opinion is that it's good there are examples like this because it is a benchmark or reference point of exactly what the trucks (or any vehicle really) were like when new. I'm glad there are people that have these collections. I appreciate cars as both "art objects" and driving machines so if I had unlimited space and money I would want 2 of whatever vehicles I'd collect. One to preserve and display, and another to be able to drive and enjoy.

I just love honest to goodness really love these gen one trucks expeciaaly in black what a beautiful truck ! it is really neat to see how it was exactly as new it kills me I had such a bad wreck with mine I should have had full coverage! But if it was mine I'd still modify it and drive as much as I could... if u can make it even more pleasing to yourself what the heck you only live once. But I agree there should be at least one flawless example someone can see like this on display somewhere.

Back