Bremerton Saturday

Gates open at 8 AM, track opens at 9 AM, racing starts at 1 PM. That's the schedule, actual times for racing may be a little later than that depending on "stuff"

;k

Gates open at 8 AM, track opens at 9 AM, racing starts at 1 PM. That's the schedule, actual times for racing may be a little later than that depending on "stuff"

;k

I'm leaving my house around 6am. Scott you staying at the3 usual place?

I'm leaving my house around 6am. Scott you staying at the3 usual place?

Yep, Jon just rolled in to the joint. Say 7:45 AM here for the drive out to the "course"

Made 3 passes tonight but I'll tell ya about them later. I'm hungry so gonna take a stroll over to the Shari's fer a bacon cheeseburger and a piece of Marion berry pie, yep with ice cream on it.....

Back in a bit.....

;k

Man that pie was good !

So there was almost nothin' runnin' tonight. 6 to 8 cars in the lanes at a time generally. Made 3 hits. First was not good, spun the rears a bit after a good heat up. Clicked off a 12.61 and my incrementals all showed slow.

Dropped the tire pressure to 18 from 20 and dialed the rear shocks to 8 from 10 to see what would happen. Felt some chatter again from the rear tires but less this time and incrementals were better ending up with a 12.48.

Third time out I set the rear shocks to full tilt (12) and upped the tire pressure by a pound to 19. Fronts were set to 46 psi on all three runs. Moody Blue responded with a 12.35. No chatter from the rear tires either. Times are a bit slower here as the hard lid is on and the passenger seat is installed.

Reaction times got better too......well, I really pushed the lights on the first run and came up with a -.011. Reminded myself to SEE the last yellow and second time around a dismal .085. Third run settled in to a better light all around with a .042. Yeah, I can live with that number.

Gettin' ready for a fourth run when my buddy Dave came over to get a ride into Port Orchard. He brought out his '65 Comet with the 427 FE. He had a clatter in the top end so decided to check rocker arm to valve clearance. Too much at .046. Reset to .026 but still a noise. Decisions were made that it was an exhaust leak so hauled him into Port Orchard O'Reillys. Nope, they didn't have the right exhaust gaskets but the counter man actually had intelligence and chased part numbers and found O'Reillys in Bremerton had a set on the shelf. Off we went to get those ! Back to the track around 8:30 PM, track was shut down so no 4th hit for me.

Left Dave his wife and his buddy Crim to retire to their motorhome and I eased on out before the gates close at 9 PM to come on over to my home away from home. Got checked in, spread all the junk around the room, slid on over to Shari's for dinner and now it's time to take a swim in the pool, enjoy the Jacuzzi for a bit then retire for the eve.

See ya in the morning Jon ! Word is Marty and Dusten may show up to the track too....

;k

Back