Braking options to build boost

Ice water going through there?
Not on street. Got the shearer fab tank and heat exchanger. Will run a Stewart warner pump. For track I will bypass exchanger and run ice water if I want max performance.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You think the heat exchanger setup will be better then an Air to Air?

What about no intercooler and running E85?

You think the heat exchanger setup will be better then an Air to Air?

What about no intercooler and running E85?
Probably not.. I have a Garrett air to air now which is really efficient. I already exclusively run e85 but I wouldn't do so without an intercooler. I probably make 800+ hp now on a stock 200k bottom end and I like to think it lives because I keep it safe. My hopes are that I can keep iat's under 130 on the hottest days on the street running the heat exchanger. However at the track with ice water I should be able to get sub ambient iat's. We will see though. No telling what it's gonna do at 1200 HP lol

Sparkman use to run that 598 with a single turbo and no intercooler but I can’t remember what fuel.

Oh yeah lots of people do it. Before I went intercoolwd I had my Novi 2000 cranked up to 23 psi with inlet temps over 240 degrees on e85.. that's when I lifted a head. Not from detonation though, just too much power and high intake temps. After that I went intercooled and then turbo.

Just 93 octane at 8-9 psi, 108 octane at 14-15 psi.

IATs were absurd during the summer. I didn't have many reasonable options at that point for intercoolers and figured I'd put a little shot of nitrous on it eventually. I had the kit, simply never installed it. I couldn't drive it with it set on "kill" as it was.

That combo was basically like that 7' tall, 300-lb bouncer at the honky tonk. No real fighting skills required, just gets it done on shear size.

Back